`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT: Best baseball-crazy towns

RE: OT: Best baseball-crazy towns
(03-05-2012, 05:43 PM)ryancholden Wrote: Let's stir the pot, shall we?

Great Baseball Towns:
New York
Boston
LA
Philly
St. Louis
San Francisco (quietly)

OK/Fairweather Baseball Towns:
Chicago (Oh yes I did!)
Toronto
Detroit
Cleveland
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Seattle

Atlanta...lack of attendance in recent post-season might mean this should belong lower on the list
Houston
Phoenix
Denver

Up and Coming Baseball Towns:
Baltimore
Kansas City
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Washington DC
Miami (only on this list because of potential with new stadium)
Milwaukee
Cinncy
Pittsburgh

"We have a baseball team?" Towns:
Tampa Bay
Oakland
San Diego (dude, let's go to the beach)
Just curious, why do you consider Chicago a fair weather town? If you are basing that on the White Sox I would agree but the Cubs haven't won anything since the stone ages and they have one of the highest attendances in all of baseball with a small field.

(03-06-2012, 09:52 AM)Haze28 Wrote: Just curious, why do you consider Chicago a fair weather town? If you are basing that on the White Sox I would agree but the Cubs haven't won anything since the stone ages and they have one of the highest attendances in all of baseball with a small field.
White Sox fans are what they are (and my family is full of them). They come out when the season is interesting.

I grew up, and continue to live with, crazy Cubs fans. They are everywhere. Like the plague. Just seem to have an heir about them that unless you are a Cubs fan, you don't really love baseball...because pure baseball fans root for the team with an old stadium, play games during the day, and have tradition. Most of them would say: If you are a Brewers fan, you just aren't successful enough to afford a Cubs ticket. If you are a Cardinals fan, you are a fair weather fan. If you are a White Sox fan, you are poor and trash.

I am usually a pretty tolerent person, and I know that there are decent Cubs fans out there, but the day-to-day, year-to-year drama and unreasonableness of the Cubs fans I have known for the last 20 years just KILL me.

So to answer your question, basically because I think if the Cubs didn't have this long World Series drought, if Sammy Sosa never juiced his self and his bat, and if frat boys weren't allowed in the stadium, I don't think the Cubs would have this whole romance about them.

:-)
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

(03-05-2012, 02:21 PM)Krangry Wrote: +1

I had to sell my tickets this year Sad, hurts down deep.

OT: When im having a bad day, this cheers me up.

[Image: Brewers.jpg]
That pic is Priceless!

(03-05-2012, 01:15 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: You know, I travel to a park every year. In the last 4 years I have been to Milwaukee, Arlington, Minnesota, and St Louis. I of course live in KC. I used to think KC was baseball crazy until I went to St Louis. They are hard core ans there. Texas seemed to have a strong passion too but not near to the point of St Louis. I was disappointed in Minnesota because cardboard collectors are passionate about there team but the fans there didn't seem to be as much. By far though, and I mean far, I thought Milwaukee was the absolute most passionate about there team. That place was standing room only on a week night. It want a huge opponent. The fans were on their feet a large amount of the game. They holler, scream, fight a little, eat a lot, drink a ton, and just flat out enjoy every freaking second of the game. it was almost scary to have kids there cause it was so crazy. I look forward to the park I go to that beats Milwaukee.
Derek,

You went to Milwaukee when they were having a good year. Go visit that stadium on a down year and you can walk up and get seat for next to nothing. In St. Louis on a bad year there are 30-35K on most weeknights.

It must be terrible to be a Cubs fan. Every year your team heads to Spring Training and the fans start with the old "There is always next year" saying cause it will not happen this year.

As a Cardinals fan I hope the Red Birds win 100 more World Series Titles before the Cubs win one.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Cincinnati is a big baseball town. While Cleveland sports radio was talking endlessly about the horribly, horrific Browns, after football season. Cincinnati radio talked for an hour about Brandon Phillips and his contract. This was in January! Their ballpark is beautiful and they fill it up. Unlike all the empty seats at a Bengals game.