`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone seen any of the Contenders redemption #d/99????

RE: Has anyone seen any of the Contenders redemption #d/99????
Yes 1 auto per box for 29.95 and my walmart is the same way.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(03-05-2012, 05:19 PM)branesergen Wrote: Yes 1 auto per box for 29.95 and my walmart is the same way.
so your walmart is doing away with card also??? where do you live???
PM WORKS BEST!!! PLEASE PM ME RESPONSES!!!!I am looking for Steelers and HOF/Retired Players!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143057967@N04/202x56

My walmart is keeping them. At least thats what the general manager said. So I am in luck here Le mars, Iowa. Where the closest LCS shut down last year which was 30 miles away.
Eddie George Super Collector

It's unscientific, but when enough 2011 Contenders blasters get opened and uploaded onto youtube, you might get to see the redemptions and a small idea of the players being inserted. I've never tried contacting anyone on Youtube that way but some deals get done like that.

I hate Contenders redemptions, but at least you know the numbers out there. Yes 99 is going to make it hard, I hear that there are a lot of Steelers collectors so it's going to be competition for you.

I collect the Jets, when the announcement the Jeremy Kerley was out of 82, I jumped in and got it in a BIN.
I know I'm nuts, I'm spending more on a 3rd down receiver RC auto than I would on most Joe Namath autos!!

I think Playoff / Panini know we are obsessive & compulsive in our collecting and buying habits when it comes to Contenders and take advantage of us and our customer loyalty to the RC tickets.

If Panini were more fair about it, they would do 199 or 299 of the autos, not a bunch of shortprints. Your guys may be done in 2 years (no disrespect to them, the Steelers are hardly a team needing major rebuilding, they keep swapping out older players for new players on a yearly basis) and spending a lot on guys who flame out is only going to drive collectors away.

Good luck in your search.

(03-05-2012, 05:50 PM)ginge01 Wrote: It's unscientific, but when enough 2011 Contenders blasters get opened and uploaded onto youtube, you might get to see the redemptions and a small idea of the players being inserted. I've never tried contacting anyone on Youtube that way but some deals get done like that.

I hate Contenders redemptions, but at least you know the numbers out there. Yes 99 is going to make it hard, I hear that there are a lot of Steelers collectors so it's going to be competition for you.

I collect the Jets, when the announcement the Jeremy Kerley was out of 82, I jumped in and got it in a BIN.
I know I'm nuts, I'm spending more on a 3rd down receiver RC auto than I would on most Joe Namath autos!!

I think Playoff / Panini know we are obsessive & compulsive in our collecting and buying habits when it comes to Contenders and take advantage of us and our customer loyalty to the RC tickets.

If Panini were more fair about it, they would do 199 or 299 of the autos, not a bunch of shortprints. Your guys may be done in 2 years (no disrespect to them, the Steelers are hardly a team needing major rebuilding, they keep swapping out older players for new players on a yearly basis) and spending a lot on guys who flame out is only going to drive collectors away.

Good luck in your search.
yeah its going to be tough for me..and Steelers fans will pay crazy money sometimes..If these two get crazy Ill just end my Steelers contenders project and wait and see if they go down in a few years and maybe scrape one up then..but trying to get one right away is going to be difficult for anyone who collects any of these /99 sp's
PM WORKS BEST!!! PLEASE PM ME RESPONSES!!!!I am looking for Steelers and HOF/Retired Players!

(03-05-2012, 06:10 PM)rngrbrown Wrote: yeah its going to be tough for me..and Steelers fans will pay crazy money sometimes..If these two get crazy Ill just end my Steelers contenders project and wait and see if they go down in a few years and maybe scrape one up then..but trying to get one right away is going to be difficult for anyone who collects any of these /99 sp's
Good luck to you, I bought my Jeremy Kerley 1 of 82 on Saturday for BIN $150. I watched 3 auctions end yesterday afternoon, they went for $150ish, the last one was a $200 BIN, so I guess some of the shortprints are white hot right now. Maybe people won't go for them as there is no guarantee the redemptions will be signed.

I have a 2003 DeWayne Robertson stamped 'No autograph', it's part of my Jets collection but frustrating when players don't sign.

Good luck

There was a charles clay that sold for 160 i believe on a BO and there is another one up on ebay now

I have looked all over for Contenders retail NADA!!! I guess ill have to keep my ear to the boards and to the bay....if anyone runs across either of the saunders or the heyward please get me an opportunity..

I picked up two Contenders blasters at Target today - received a redemption card for Nathan Enderly (or however you spell his name) and thanks to trying to figure out who he is, I learned that the card is one of the short prints of 99.

(03-06-2012, 06:19 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I picked up two Contenders blasters at Target today - received a redemption card for Nathan Enderly (or however you spell his name) and thanks to trying to figure out who he is, I learned that the card is one of the short prints of 99.
then you did pretty good with that based off what I have been seeing..I cant find the contenders anywhere and really need the heyward and saunders