`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Archives "The Rookis" sealed box.

Topps Archives "The Rookis" sealed box.
Was wondering if these were buying for 25 bucks a box? Jordan Topps rookie card resides in these, but never realized Topps produced a "rookie" card of him. Are they reprints or something? I probably sound like a noob, but honestly, I never seen or heard of these.

Thanks in advance guys for the help!

RE: Topps Archives "The Rookis" sealed box.
(03-05-2012, 12:59 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Was wondering if these were buying for 25 bucks a box? Jordan Topps rookie card resides in these, but never realized Topps produced a "rookie" card of him. Are they reprints or something? I probably sound like a noob, but honestly, I never seen or heard of these.

Thanks in advance guys for the help!
Those are cards that represent cards that topps never made. They are a nice set. The Jordan sells for a pretty decent 5-10, if it grades a gem int it sells for well over 50, so it's pretty decent if you can get a couple MJ's in good condition.

(03-05-2012, 01:03 AM)kct1 Wrote: Those are cards that represent cards that topps never made. They are a nice set. The Jordan sells for a pretty decent 5-10, if it grades a gem int it sells for well over 50, so it's pretty decent if you can get a couple MJ's in good condition.
Eh...that's cool. I mean li,e you said, 25 bucks a box with a couple of Jordan hits isn't too shabby I guess. Thanks for the input!

Topps didn't make basketball cards from 1982 until 1992. The Archives "rookies" cards were put out once Topps started making basketball cards again in 1992. There were a bunch of key rookie cards that were missed, so Topps made this set to show what the rookies could have looked like (assuming they used the same card style as baseball for each respective year). The cards are nice and fun to collect, but you could probably buy the set for under $10. I am not sure how many cards come per box, but to break even you would have to put together at least 2 sets and get a 3rd Jordan card. I know a few years ago I was able to buy a box for $10, so paying $25 seems a bit high to me, especially since there weren't any rare inserts in the boxes. I just checked and it looks like these boxes regularly sell on eBay for $15-$20 now, so $25 would be a little high.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Big Grin If ever Topps comes back to make NBA cards, I surely hope they will continue this kind of Rookie Archive product. H?ly sh?t, John Wall Archive Rookie, Kyrie Erving, Evan Turner, etc. Big Grin
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-05-2012, 10:14 AM)djohn Wrote: Topps didn't make basketball cards from 1982 until 1992. The Archives "rookies" cards were put out once Topps started making basketball cards again in 1992. There were a bunch of key rookie cards that were missed, so Topps made this set to show what the rookies could have looked like (assuming they used the same card style as baseball for each respective year). The cards are nice and fun to collect, but you could probably buy the set for under $10. I am not sure how many cards come per box, but to break even you would have to put together at least 2 sets and get a 3rd Jordan card. I know a few years ago I was able to buy a box for $10, so paying $25 seems a bit high to me, especially since there weren't any rare inserts in the boxes. I just checked and it looks like these boxes regularly sell on eBay for $15-$20 now, so $25 would be a little high.
Wow...very helpful and informative. Thanks for this as well ^