`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf Metal MMA

Leaf Metal MMA
I want to hear some feedback on this. Has anyone read the article about Leaf Metal MMA and the quotes from Brian Gray with Leaf. It sounds to me like a businesman who is whining about not making any money and blaming it on his customers even though he had an inferior product. Then saying the market is "shaky". He also wants to protect the "Leaf Brand"....in my opinion the brand is low value product with terrible photography and poor quality because they do no want to pay for licenses....I think he is right on target with the Leaf Brand. Here is a question I would also pose...I am mistaken or wasnt Mr. Gray in charge of Upper Deck right before its downfall? Sorry to rant on this but it really struck a chord with me when i saw his comments.

RE: Leaf Metal MMA
as a hobby store owner i agree 100% with everything you just said

amen steve! i cant believe some people even think of buying it!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

im gonna buy some but not alot especially if its last leaf mma boxes were 120 when they came out now i can get them half of that ill wait a week after release and see were there at

(03-03-2012, 03:59 PM)liviningston3737 Wrote: im gonna buy some but not alot especially if its last leaf mma boxes were 120 when they came out now i can get them half of that ill wait a week after release and see were there at
I agree, I am not going to buy boxes right away. I will probably buy some cards/packs here and there but not going to pay $130+ right now. For Knockout I will buy boxes as soon as I have the money, saved about half for one box already.

Jerry

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

i pre ordered a case of knockout like almost 2 months ago and have been waiting since with leaf metal ill wait about a week to 2 weeks and see what the market is like before i commit to buying a case or just buying singles

The only way Leaf even has a chance is if it has Alistair Overeem autos in pack and is released prior to Knockout otherwise it is going to tank fast or as sooon as Knockout is released. Perfect example of leaf's value...i just bought a lot of 3 boxes worth of singles with 3 aldo RCs and a fedor and i got it for $7 thats what you like from an investment of 120 a box. I didnt look but the autos for the boxes i believe were listed and all sold for under $5 each except for 1 or 2.

the leaf market does'nt hold very long and topps has the real mma license i save all my money for finest and knockout . plus have to buy 2012 football products.