`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!!

Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!!
This has been there for awhile. I usually go in this Pawn Shop from time to time in hopes of finding some cool stuff for cheap.

This Larry Bird collage was something I finally gave in on. It was marked at 89.99, but dwindled the price down to 25 bucks!

No, there is no cert or COA. I guess someone put this together long ago and was once maybe apart of someone's PC or even in their man cave. It looks legit to me and for 25 dollars, I figured heck yea why not.

The sig didn't come out too well in the scan as it does look a little more BOLD in hand. The light areas in the sig are not faded, just real light on the L and the B. As you can see, the auto was obtained in person on a piece of note paper from the Marriott Hotel from what assume was in Boston hence that's where the ticket stubs were from.

The stubs are from McNichols Arena: Denver Nuggets vs Boston Celtics Feb 17, 1991 at 2:00 p.m.

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6.jpg]

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6-1.jpg]

Thanks for the view! Comments and opinions are of course welcomed.

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!!
(03-03-2012, 09:25 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: This has been there for awhile. I usually go in this Pawn Shop from time to time in hopes of finding some cool stuff for cheap.

This Larry Bird collage was something I finally gave in on. It was marked at 89.99, but dwindled the price down to 25 bucks!

No, there is no cert or COA. I guess someone put this together long ago and was once maybe apart of someone's PC or even in their man cave. It looks legit to me and for 25 dollars, I figured heck yea why not.

The sig didn't come out too well in the scan as it does look a little more BOLD in hand. The light areas in the sig are not faded, just real light on the L and the B. As you can see, the auto was obtained in person on a piece of note paper from the Marriott Hotel from what assume was in Boston hence that's where the ticket stubs were from.

The stubs are from McNichols Arena: Denver Nuggets vs Boston Celtics Feb 17, 1991 at 2:00 p.m.

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6.jpg]

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6-1.jpg]

Thanks for the view! Comments and opinions are of course welcomed.
Very nice, are you going to send it in to get authenicated?

Yea eventually...lol. Not sure if it's worth it though. It would probably cost more to get it authenticated than what it's worth..lol

I might try to catch a card grader at a local show or something and have them do it right there for like 10 bucks or something. I think it's real, looks like an auto from that time period from what I researched online. Thanks!

Very nice! I am glad to live and see this thread! Big Grin
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-03-2012, 10:17 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Very nice! I am glad to live and see this thread! Big Grin
I figured you would like filamurair...lol

Trade it to ya if you want? You know who I like.
Big Grin 
(03-03-2012, 11:51 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I figured you would like filamurair...lol

Trade it to ya if you want? You know who I like.
Sorry, I'm currently not trading. Who do you like? MJ?

(03-04-2012, 10:06 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Sorry, I'm currently not trading. Who do you like? MJ?
YEs sir, MJ is the only way! lol
Thumbs Up 
(03-04-2012, 12:49 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: YEs sir, MJ is the only way! lol
lol