`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
OT: What's your favorite beer?

RE: OT: What's your favorite beer?
(03-03-2012, 08:28 PM)jtraven42 Wrote: Sometimes it's fun to mix a Southern Tier Chocalat Stout with a Cherry Lambic; that's a good desert beer.
oh....that sounds really good Big Grin
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(03-03-2012, 08:32 PM)rpspenner Wrote: oh....that sounds really good Big Grin
Dude, Chocolate covered cherries are the best. Feel free to use a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat if you can't find a straight up lambic like Kriek, which I recommend highly.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

You can never really go wrong with Sam Adams. I might have to go do some shopping yet this weekend!
I ship on weekends

Im not a beer guy. But Captain Morgan is my drink of choice.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(03-03-2012, 08:35 PM)rpspenner Wrote: You can never really go wrong with Sam Adams. I might have to go do some shopping yet this weekend!
It's a solid mass-market microbrewery, if there is such a thing. But I much prefer 21st Amendment. In the summer, they put out Hell or High Watermelon. Yeah, watermelon beer. I'm not kidding, it's effing delicious poolside. Goes down like water.
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

That sounds incredible...that's why I like Gumballhead so much. It has strong lemon and grapefruit tones. VERY easy to drink on a summer day!
I ship on weekends

(03-03-2012, 08:42 PM)rpspenner Wrote: That sounds incredible...that's why I like Gumballhead so much. It has strong lemon and grapefruit tones. VERY easy to drink on a summer day!
I just looked it up on beeradvocate. I may have to track it down.

Delirium Tremens is my new favorite. Belgian strong ale apparently named the Best Beer in the World in 1998. Great stuff and I highly recommend giving it a shot sometime.
[Image: 125px-Delirium_Tremens.jpg]

I also discovered this stuff, Ales of the Revolution, brewed up in PA. I'm a big fan of the Tavern Spruce.
[Image: DSC03956-300x225.jpg]

Otherwise, I just like to try different lagers and ales. I'm always down for a Sam Adams anything, particularly Cherry Wheat.

(03-03-2012, 08:46 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Delirium Tremens is my new favorite. Belgian strong ale apparently named the Best Beer in the World in 1998. Great stuff and I highly recommend giving it a shot sometime.
[Image: 125px-Delirium_Tremens.jpg]

I also discovered this stuff, Ales of the Revolution, brewed up in PA. I'm a big fan of the Tavern Spruce.
[Image: DSC03956-300x225.jpg]

Otherwise, I just like to try different lagers and ales. I'm always down for a Sam Adams anything, particularly Cherry Wheat.
Yards is pretty solid Brewery. I've never tried the one you posted, but I'll have to give it a whirl. Spruce beer? Is it woody in flavor?
And the delirium; I've seen it several times but haven't made the plunge.

Great Lakes Christmas Ale on tap is the best seasonal beer
Otter Creek Smokestack Porter is an excellent beer for long winter nights
Brooklyn Brewery Brown ale is always appreciated with a grilled cheese sandwich
Delirium Trimens is a get you drunk quick beer
Pilgrims Dole from New Holland brewery is a barley-wine that is meant for sipping
There are too many to list
When I'm grilling just give a Miller High-life, "the Champagne of Beer"
Since this is on the baseball boards I have to mention The Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown. Their flagship beer is great as a lunch beer.