`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
OT: What's your favorite beer?

RE: OT: What's your favorite beer?
Whenever a bartender says Mac & Jack's African Amber, I say YES! immediately! I did have a McKenzie River Driftboat Ale (I think that's what it's called) last week and it was really good as well!

Since I can't get Mac & Jack's in a bottle, I have a nice fridge full of Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve. That's tasty when it's realllly cold!

Bud Light Smile
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

(03-03-2012, 10:50 PM)rpspenner Wrote: Chippewa Falls, eh? I've been wanting to get out to the Leine Lodge for years, but I've never been able to get out there. I love their Sunset Wheat and Red. They did a really nice apple beer a few years back too.
The Lodge is AWESOME, eh! I happened to be in CF overnight on work a couple years back. I was just a bit late for the last tour. I would love my mancave to look exactly like Leine's Lodge!
(03-03-2012, 10:56 PM)motu79 Wrote: Whenever a bartender says Mac & Jack's African Amber, I say YES! immediately! I did have a McKenzie River Driftboat Ale (I think that's what it's called) last week and it was really good as well!

Since I can't get Mac & Jack's in a bottle, I have a nice fridge full of Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve. That's tasty when it's realllly cold!
As a wanna-be-fly fisherman, I have got to try that McKenzie River Driftboat Ale!
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

Coors Light Brewed from a mountain stream. It will set your head on fire and make your kidneys scream. Ahh sure is good stuff
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I'm a big fan of the south of the border beers like, Sol, dos equis, modelo, corona, tecate, etc. don't forget a slice of lime......UNO MAS POR FAVOR, UNO MAS!!!!!!! Big Grin
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

I just moved to Colorado, and the Durango Brewing Company's Euphoria is a great beer for every day occasions. As far as my favorite.... I'd have to say La Chouffe. Brewed by Belgian Monks. Soooo good. A mist try for the serious beer drinker
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

Must be nice to drink Sad Being on blood thinners kinda hinders me from doing that but every once in a while I'll drink the local Japanese beer Orion (have yet to have one this year though).
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(03-04-2012, 03:37 AM)animie67 Wrote: Must be nice to drink Sad Being on blood thinners kinda hinders me from doing that but every once in a while I'll drink the local Japanese beer Orion (have yet to have one this year though).
Meh, I'm a hemophiliac. Doesn't stop me. I'm living my life to the fullest lol, as bad of an idea as that may be
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

(03-04-2012, 03:40 AM)sxfn4lf Wrote: Meh, I'm a hemophiliac. Doesn't stop me. I'm living my life to the fullest lol, as bad of an idea as that may be
LOL!!!! I would be to but I have these 2 little creatures that hang on to my legs and bother me. I think they are called kids (but I may be wrong LOL!!!).
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(03-03-2012, 10:35 PM)ryancholden Wrote: Since when are there hipsters in up-state Wisconsin (Chippewa Falls is where Leine's is brewed)? I'm a 29 year old father of two (7 and 9...got an early start) corporate insurance broker, that coaches my kids' soccer and baseball teams, and in my spare time I serve as the President-Elect of my church. Probably not the underground, tight pants wearing, unemployed hipster you had in mind. :-) And yes, there is a big difference in a full-bodied beer and a light beer. I don't drink to get drunk. On the rare occasion, usually a hot summer day, or after a long work week, I enjoy A good beer. :-)
Now come on, you know there are hipsters everywhere... especially in podunk towns (not saying you live in one, just that they are there). Evidently there are even 29 year old insurance broker, church president, baseball coach, HIPSTER dads in up-state 'Sconsin.
The soccer coach part has convinced me of it. Smile

I can see it now. In the church club, faux-hawk flyin' high. A casual suit replaces the skinny jeans from earlier, still the same Chuck Taylors though... the techno club gospel blarring, your fists pumping in the air whilst clutching crucifix shaped glow sticks. Afterwards... hitting the local micro-brewery or coffee house with all the kids from the youth group.
My how cool they think you are and they're all your friends.
"Hit me up on Facebook, yo!"
Maybe a little shredding on the skateboard in the morning?
Your neighbors should keep an eye on you. You're dangerous!

All in jest. I assure you. It's just that when I hear "Triple hop cinnamon fluff apple crisp summer wheat" ... it sounds "hipster" You know it's true.

I did drink to get drunk however...and it wasn't because I was sad. My theory was always, "Drink because you feel good and you will feel even better!" It was true... to a very small point.

Anyway, you sound like a fine young man. Keep up the good work. I was just amusing myself by teasing you. Smile

BTW... don't knock MD 20/20 Banana Red. That stuff was tasty. Kinda like Hawaiian Punch liquor.