Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dante Bichette Jr. w/ Bonus Prospect Rant

Dante Bichette Jr. w/ Bonus Prospect Rant
Hello everyone,
I have been an avid prospect collector since 1997 Bowman Chrome was released and have about a 98% rookie fail rate so in that 2% Jeter is the only one that REALLY panned out and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Anyway, I mainly try to stick to my Yankee prospects and was pumped when I pulled his Bowman Draft card. Now his autos are getting carried away. My question is how good is this kid?? If he was drafted by the Cubs I think his cards would be a fraction of what they are currently because I think $100 for a guy in Staten Island A ball is a tad steep. Now a days you have to research every stat, are they prone to injury, the whole ball of wax because back in the day we didn't have the resources we have now and Baseball America was pretty much all we had for reference so a lot of money was dropped on "Where are they now" guys like Ben Grieve, Jerome Walton, Dwight Smith, etc. You catch my drift. I have pretty much narrowed my criteria to power guys , I've learned to NEVER invest in pitchers. Lately it's been Michael Choice, Yasmani Grandal and a few others. These guys put up great numbers and have the size and age on there side because if a guy has been in the minors for 5 years there is a reason. I'm still leery of Josh Vitters granted he is only 22. Sorry for the rant. I guess I should start a blog on this subject.
Thanks for your time.
Oh yeah!! This guy panned out pretty good too!!
Photobucket

RE: Dante Bichette Jr. w/ Bonus Prospect Rant
Yeah that bichette kid is like 16... I don't do prospecting becuase you can't trust the young kids to stay good!
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

I despise prospecting. If I buy a box of cards i don't want to hit some prospect i've never heard of.
awesome thread to show off your Ichiro patch though
no org, please do not send trade requests

I think prospecting is kind of fun. It makes it interesting to flip through my '09 and '10 Bowman cards. There's always a surprise or two. Since I'm a big baseball fan too, it keeps me interested when names pop up in the minor league report. It's cool to pull a nice low number card or auto and see your guy make the team in the spring or get called up. To me, it's more fun than collecting non-HOF retired players from the 80s & 90s. Bit collecting is all about the connection you try to establish with a player, team, whatever. A Brandon Nimmo card or Manny Machado card can turn into a really hot item. A Travis Fryman card never will.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

To me, this is a WIN WIN situation for me.

The Yanks are my team and Bichette Sr was one of my favorite players when he played, that was a Non-Yankee.

Now will he be the next Hensley Meulens or will he be the next...well Dante Bichette...I guess we will have to wait and see.

Im collecting cards for these sets:
2011 Gypsy Queen
2011 Topps Baseball Series 1
2011 Topps Baseball Update
2012 Topps Baseball
2011 Topps Football
2011 Score Football
2011 Prestige Football
2011 Rising Rookies Football
2001 Upper Deck Vintage Football

Not a prospector. Not a fan of most prospectors... especially the ones who act like they have some inside intel.

One thing Bowman did to me this year.... made me feel old. All this kids coming up whos daddy's were rookies when I was a kid. Delino Jr., Bedrock Jr., D. Smith Jr., .... geeeeeeeez. I've got a foot in the grave.