`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
No more excuses....just be honest

RE: No more excuses....just be honest
I take classes towards my grad degree, and work a full time job. There is still more then enough time in a day to drop by the post office during lunch / on the way home. Like you said, so long as the person that you are trading knows it might be a day or 2 before you get your cards out then i dont see it being a problem anyway.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I was a bad one for a while. Some trades were very slow, and others were next day. Guys, reality is work kills some of us. I work 12 hours a day, minimum. And being the only one in the office some days, I cannot leave. Past few months, I have not accepted trades, until I know I can get by the P.O. Might get them a little irritated, but at least it is an open trade and not a done deal.

Tell you my latest peeve. People that grade their cards Mint, and try to trade with you based on your NrMint/Mint grade against their Mint grade for Beckett value purposes. I have started changing the cards they want to Mint, and it changes the dynamics of the trade.

There are also several people on here who always have to be getting the better end of the deal on book value. And not by a couple of dollars. Sorry, but that Abe Alvarez card I am trying to trade for is not within a mile of any "Hot" list out there.

(03-03-2012, 01:29 AM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: I was a bad one for a while. Some trades were very slow, and others were next day. Guys, reality is work kills some of us. I work 12 hours a day, minimum. And being the only one in the office some days, I cannot leave. Past few months, I have not accepted trades, until I know I can get by the P.O. Might get them a little irritated, but at least it is an open trade and not a done deal.

Tell you my latest peeve. People that grade their cards Mint, and try to trade with you based on your NrMint/Mint grade against their Mint grade for Beckett value purposes. I have started changing the cards they want to Mint, and it changes the dynamics of the trade.

There are also several people on here who always have to be getting the better end of the deal on book value. And not by a couple of dollars. Sorry, but that Abe Alvarez card I am trying to trade for is not within a mile of any "Hot" list out there.
That Mint thing got me a couple times when i first started trading, grrrrr. I completely agree there.

[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I get to the PO all hours of the day and night to drop cards in the mail. I sometimes drive 12 hours a day, all over the state, so I pack up the cards and drop them in a PO at my destination. I am lucky to have the printer set-up at home and 2 POs w/in 2 miles. One of them has the automated mail center and the doors are open 24/7. But for those traders that have problems getting the cards in the mail, you have to communicate with your trade partner.
Please have all the cards pulled before accepting the trade. This has been a frequent problem that delays shipping. Some traders freak and stop answering messages when they find they don't have the cards they thought they had.
That's my two cents
(03-02-2012, 05:05 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Yeah it's based on post date and I would work fine. A 2 star from Canada would be great, haha. I guess your right but you get the idea?

I always look at post date. My favorite are the ones that say "I shipped the 3rd" then the post mark says the 24th or something.
Most of my bubble mailers have no post marks. Which is frustrating when I want to ding a guy that I think was BSing me about shipping the cards out when they said they did. I have seen cards go across the country and back before they arrived at my house. Those cards had DC on them, unlike the slow, non-communicative trader.

Please have all the cards pulled before accepting the trade. This has been a frequent problem that delays shipping. Some traders freak and stop answering messages when they find they don't have the cards they thought they had.
That's my two cents

I think this is absolutely a huge part of it. Guys accept an then realize they can't find or don't have a card anymore. I have learned the hard way to NEVER accept until I have the cards pulled. At the very least be able to get your hands on them. I have screwed this up twice but never again. The last time I actually bought a card off eBay cause my dumb a** had accepted and the card was gone. I was lucky he was shipping first so I could get time to get it in. I felt like a dumb a**.

As for the postmark thing, hopefully everyone uses DC now so it's easy to see when the PO accepted it.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html