Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Upper Deck almost done?

RE: Is Upper Deck almost done?
i hope not, i like there product.
they may not be the top of line stuff sometimes but they do add competition to the market

(03-01-2012, 08:56 PM)roussy35 Wrote: Perhaps ITG would get the license??? Can you imagine if they put out products like they do now WITH the NHL license.......man we could only dream.....
They would still need to hire some graphic desginers that can come up with something better looking than cave paintings before Id start buying their boxes.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(03-02-2012, 12:49 AM)Merovius Wrote: They would still need to hire some graphic desginers that can come up with something better looking than cave paintings before Id start buying their boxes.
And someone who knows how to use Photoshop to cut out the hockey players from the background without making their hair all choppy/fake looking. The look of their cards bothers the hell out of me which is why I refuse to buy any of their stuff aside from PC singles.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(03-02-2012, 12:49 AM)Merovius Wrote: They would still need to hire some graphic desginers that can come up with something better looking than cave paintings before Id start buying their boxes.
True, but I also think design would be easier with a license.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

For me personally if Upper Deck is gone then so am I. They are one of the reasons why I keep coming back to the hobby when I have fallen off in the past. The only way I could be kept around would maybe be Topps coming back. That would still be a long shot.

I am pretty sure this will be the nail in UD's coffin..

MLB obviously has the lawyers and resources to follow through on this legal action and make Upper Deck pay up...

It will be a sad day when all we will have is Panini...No more SP Authentic or the Cup..

I bet UD ends up filing bankruptcy once the courts say they have to cough up the $250K...
[Image: arod.gif]

And know UD is being sued by the NFL Players association on behalf of players who have not been paid. 1.5 million owed to various players.

If the SP game used gets delayed again from 4/3 than I would start getting worried that they are done.

Kinda was this way last year at this time everyone thing that they where done.

if they really are done i hope Panini doesn't purchase their assets and someone else steps to the plate

i never liked the last few years where it was all Upper Deck...some competition isn't a bad thing. I think Upper Deck has likely produced better cards because of it and i'm sure the Panini cards will get better...there are already more layout i prefer this year of Panini's than last year's.
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

(03-01-2012, 09:26 PM)arock99 Wrote: i emailed UD a week or so ago and received an email back 2 days later (I tried to get replacements for Artifacts RCs...and no they wouldnt do it)

Still waiting a reply from another email i sent 2 months ago though...been too busy to call them
I tried this a while back and apparently their policy is that if cards haven't even been built yet - artifacts rookies - they will not replace them, at least that is what I was told at that time.

Thanks,
Nathan

(03-01-2012, 06:55 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Read today that Upper Deck is being sued by MLB for unpaid installment payment from their lawsuit settlement from 2010.

So is Upper Deck done-- or pretty close to it?

No hockey from them has come out for 2 months and they keep delaying everything.

If they lose another suite and and end up owing MLB even more money, I think they are done.
Feel bad for the hockey collectors but they are the worst most arrogant company to deal with. They were terrible about redemptions and were behind in paying players for autos. I had direct account with them for years and grew to hate them . I personally hope they fold and have to pay all the collectors for cards they owe them. You wouldn't believe the crap they used to try to pull when they were on top. Treated dealers like total BS.
Photobucket