`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Football's Mad Men: Who is YOUR favorite mid-century QB?

Football's Mad Men: Who is YOUR favorite mid-century QB?
Just wanted to bring this opportunity to the forum:

Despite hype and promise, the forthcoming issue of Beckett Football will not feature top rookie prospect Andrew Luck on the front cover. Instead, we're turning back the pages of time and hobby history to reflect on an era of style, circumstance, and stardom.

Oh, and we're also giddy over the late-March return of AMC's mid-century-themed "Mad Men" so we're celebrating ... but with a collector purpose.

If you have a minute to spare, please respond to a few questions, polls and watch Broadway Joe tie it all together with a TV spot on the news item . We’ll run a selection of the best answers in the next issue of Beckett Football.

OR you can just answer the questions here:

We've assembled a cast of essential quarterbacks from this era based on vintage appeal and other collecting factors, but we're curious to find out who your favorite quarterbacks from this time period are and why they mean so much to the hobby.

- Who is your favorite quarterback from the late 1950s-1960s and why?
- Which mid-century quarterback is most like Mad Men's Don Draper?

(still) collecting VINCE YOUNG!

RE: Football's Mad Men: Who is YOUR favorite mid-century QB?
Johnny Unitas is my favorite from that Era. Although I was not born if I was going to collect anyone from that time frame it would be him. Colts fan all the way. But seriously though whats "MadMen"???????
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

This guy--class act all the way:

[Image: xstarr09contenders.jpg][Image: starr10cn.jpg]
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Mad Men is the critically-acclaimed TV show returning to AMC this March. Check it out.

(03-01-2012, 04:24 PM)atolentino1 Wrote: Mad Men is the critically-acclaimed TV show returning to AMC this March. Check it out.
Its gotta be good if it is on AMC......Just started watching the Walking Dead and so far so good!!!

(03-01-2012, 04:27 PM)peytonvols18 Wrote: Its gotta be good if it is on AMC......Just started watching the Walking Dead and so far so good!!!
It's not Breaking Bad good, and it's not as gruesome as Walking Dead, but it's definitely worth watching.

Honestly though I think I am on here sneaking around trying to find trades and stuff to buy more than watching the boobtube........

The Dwight Eisenhower of Pro Football, Bart Starr, of course.

As far as Don Draper goes, isn't "Dandy" Don Meredith the go-to choice?
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

I hate to sound like a homer, but I gotta go with Bart Starr.

4x Pro Bowler
2x First Team All-Pro
5x NFL Champion
2x Super Bowl Champion
2x Super Bowl MVP
Named to the 1960's All-Decade Team
A member of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame
A member of the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame

Now thats an impressive resume.... and all that after being drafted if the 17th Rd!
Bart Starr was was not only a diamond in the rough, but he was an accomplished player on the field & a class act off the field.

I rest my case.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

1: I am going to have to say Len Dawson. Dawson had a pretty darn good career at Purdue (Go Big Ten). And was a highly sought after 1st round draft pick. The Steelers took a chance on him. He didn't pan out well and then was traded off to the Cleveland Browns. Of course another bad season. Then one of the all time great coaches, who happened to coach Dawson at Purdue, had arrived at Kansas City (Hank Stram). Where Dawson would go on to win Super Bowl IV and become a Super Bowl MVP. I just like how he came from humble beginnings in the professional level of football. Took his lumps and bruises but never quit. Then to come back with a hall of fame career.

2. And I would have to answer the question also with Len Dawson. He was the main character that lead Kansas City to 4 AFL championships and 1 SuperBowl Victory. Without him, I don't believe this would of ever been possible.
Eddie George Super Collector