Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whats more desirable?
Smile 
RE: Whats more desirable?
(03-03-2012, 06:26 PM)crazy4cardz Wrote: Again to the point of the thread, my PERSONAL preference is the parallel or sp of rookie cards. No point in defending my quest to own all 22 prints of a particular card; anymore than anyone should have to defend building a rainbow of a same player or collecting all cards out there of a particular. I'll have to remember when I see a rainbow to tell that congrats and I hope someday they recoup the money spent on that particular project!

Of course, my opinion and a quarter won't buy you anythingSmile
I agree on the 2nd paragraph. Smile

A rainbow collection is different than a print run collection. Rainbow consist of different cards with different print runs and the particular collector only wants one copy of each, including 1/1's.

Collecting all cards out there of a particular (player, team or set) does not necessarily mean that the collector will pursue on acquiring all the print run available. For example, I am already content with acquiring a single copy of each and every card or item of Larry Bird in Basketball, Baseball, Multi-Sport, Action Figure, etc.

I honestly had a hard time comprehending your reply that is quoted above, simply because English is my 2nd language. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

I would say it depends on supply and demand for what/whoever.
Smile 
(03-04-2012, 01:02 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I would say it depends on supply and demand for what/whoever.
For example: The supply is a card with a print run of 22 and the demand is you and another person. It doesn't matter if the card is a Rookie, Autographed, Memorabilia, Parallel and so on and so forth. Are you going to buy all 22 and driving up prices to yourself and the other person who is trying to do the same thing? Are you wishing and hoping that in the near or far future that you will somehow recoup what you spent? Smile

Btw, I know what SP and SSP stands. Smile

So far we have one guy that likes true rookies and one guy that prefers the parallels. I guess really its a case by case basis as the market values for Chrome certainly reflect a higher desire for lower #'ed parallels.

As for BV's, the more I learn about past sales and completed listings, the less I pay attention to them.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-
Thumbs Up 
(03-04-2012, 01:36 PM)Merovius Wrote: So far we have one guy that likes true rookies and one guy that prefers the parallels. I guess really its a case by case basis as the market values for Chrome certainly reflect a higher desire for lower #'ed parallels.

As for BV's, the more I learn about past sales and completed listings, the less I pay attention to them.
I am on the same boat based on your 2nd paragraph.