Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Off Season Counseling: Help me choose a team *The decision has been made*

RE: Off Season Counseling: Help me choose a team
I say Vikings or Colts...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

RE: Off Season Counseling: Help me choose a team
So here is where I'm at. I want a team that is fairly local, so if the day comes that I want to make a road trip to see a game, it can be done over a 2 or 3 day weekend. I also want to avoid bandwagons, for whatever reason. I am really like the language that this is sort of me "starting over". So:

Packers are out- too bandwagony, too easy

Bears are out- too many Bears fans around that know my past history, mainly laughing at their faces everytime Favre picked them appart.

Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, Bengals, Titans are all out due to proximity.

So, the remaining contenders include:

Vikings- closest to home, exciting with new stadium deal, I have a lot of Norwegian blood, underdogs

Chiefs- A couple Hawkeyes play there...or at least on the roster, interesting history, apparently a great stadium/atmosphere, Love me some KC "Q"

Colts- As stated, father in law loves them, wife grew up near Indy (Columbus- land of Tony Stewart), I have followed them off and on dating back to Marshall Faulk, Peyton fan, the analogy of "new beginnings" is intrieguing.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: Off Season Counseling: Help me choose a team *finalist on page 3 post*
I would personally go with the Vikings, they have the potential for a good future, AP is always fun to watch. Ponder has a chance to be a great QB and it would be fun to watch them rebuild.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]

Gotta say, I'm leaning Vikings here...

I think that's a great choice. Local team. A chance to see Ponder and Adrian Peterson. Touch of the underdogs about them. Sounds good!

I have late, breaking news: My wife who basically hates the fact that I can sit on the couch and watch countless football games over the weekend, has voted for the Bears. She said that before the kids were born, and when they were babies, she remembered how excited I was to see watch Da Bears. What a mess!

Even tho Pittsburgh is not super close to you, not matter what state or stadium, there will always be a sea of Black and Gold at their games, home OR away. It's what's referred to as THE Steeler Nation. No other team in the USA can boast as many team associated hangouts as the Steelers have. A few years ago, while on vacation with the family on our way to the NASCAR hall of fame in South Carolina, we passed a Steelers bar near the North/South Carolina border. Now tell me, when is the last time you saw a Cowboys or a Bears bar over 1000 miles from their home city? I bet if you look, you can find a Steelers place near you.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

(03-01-2012, 11:47 PM)jeremy0998 Wrote: Even tho Pittsburgh is not super close to you, not matter what state or stadium, there will always be a sea of Black and Gold at their games, home OR away. It's what's referred to as THE Steeler Nation. No other team in the USA can boast as many team associated hangouts as the Steelers have. A few years ago, while on vacation with the family on our way to the NASCAR hall of fame in South Carolina, we passed a Steelers bar near the North/South Carolina border. Now tell me, when is the last time you saw a Cowboys or a Bears bar over 1000 miles from their home city? I bet if you look, you can find a Steelers place near you.
Holy Crap your right!!!!! I found one a Steelers hangout going in the toilet at work!!!!!Wink
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

I'm saying as a Chiefs fan............go with someone else, leaves more Chiefs for me. however being Norwegian does the name Jan Stenerud mean anything to you.

[Image: JanStenerud3of5.jpg]
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(03-02-2012, 08:54 AM)peytonvols18 Wrote: Holy Crap your right!!!!! I found one a Steelers hangout going in the toilet at work!!!!!Wink
Pretty much where the Colts are gonna be the next few years, huh?
[Image: steelers.jpg]