`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Shilling Press Release

Shilling Press Release
If you would like a good laugh and a back fire shilling attempt look at this attempt. An honest seller with a 100% feedback would never shill an item or atleast that is what ebay would have you think. The shiller of the day belongs to RAIDERSYR2006 and his two Playoff Contenders Cam Newtons. With a 1 bid offer starting at $250 this looked like a shilling from the beginning since the items have been falling in price as many buyers that wanted one already have one, leaving demand short and leading prices to fall. As the days past and no other sap would outbid this shiller. He cowardly retracted his shilling bids as to not have to pay for the item. This shiller had his auto bid up to $275 at which point this card would be well over priced and some poor bidder would be dumped on. Thank god everyone saw through the BS and no other bids were placed and the shilling attempt backfired. For your amusement a well backfired shilling attempt:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120866354934?ssP...1423.l2649

AND

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120866355310?ssP...1423.l2649

RE: Shilling Press Release
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...........
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Definitely wouldn't think the bidder was shilling the item, he probably saw he can get them cheaper so retracted the bids. If he had bid on them, that would have been his only bids on the sellers items

(02-29-2012, 01:42 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: Definitely wouldn't think the bidder was shilling the item, he probably saw he can get them cheaper so retracted the bids. If he had bid on them, that would have been his only bids on the sellers items
I tend to agree with this staement... +1

i have to be honest:

shilling threads almost solely exist on the football board. once in a while youll see one pop up on the baseball and basketball boards, but rarely. on the football board? at least a couple every week

not to discount that there is shilling - there absolutely is - but most cases of shilling are not obvious, and most of the "evidence" that has been presented, thread after thread, is inconclusive at best

i find it curious that these threads are so rampant on this board and almost non-existent with other sports

(02-29-2012, 02:34 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have to be honest:

shilling threads almost solely exist on the football board. once in a while youll see one pop up on the baseball and basketball boards, but rarely. on the football board? at least a couple every week

not to discount that there is shilling - there absolutely is - but most cases of shilling are not obvious, and most of the "evidence" that has been presented, thread after thread, is inconclusive at best

i find it curious that these threads are so rampant on this board and almost non-existent with other sports
+1 there are some obvious cases of shilling and that is fine to want to rant, but in other cases, eeehhh, a little overly worried and no need to call out. IMO

Im not sure what you mean by this thread, but if this means anything, those are two different Cam autos. Compare em side by side. The end of the C in Cam has a hook at the end, the other dosent.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(02-29-2012, 02:47 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Im not sure what you mean by this thread, but if this means anything, those are two different Cam autos. Compare em side by side. The end of the C in Cam has a hook at the end, the other dosent.
No, I think he feels the seller bid 1st on BOTH of his own items to help push the value up then when nobody bid he cancelled his own bids. It doesnt look that way to me, but who knows.

Who knows who cares, if your not bidding on either then what's the point. Shilling happens it will never stop, either deal with it and bid what you want and stick with that bid or just simply move on
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(02-29-2012, 02:34 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have to be honest:

I think it is because there are more new members on this board, and as is always the case, nothing has ever happened before the new members report it here. We've never heard about shilling before now. Thanks gawd, we have new members to inform us about what we obviously have missed before.

Too snarky?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed