Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Shilling Press Release

RE: Shilling Press Release
(02-29-2012, 02:34 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have to be honest:

shilling threads almost solely exist on the football board. once in a while youll see one pop up on the baseball and basketball boards, but rarely. on the football board? at least a couple every week

not to discount that there is shilling - there absolutely is - but most cases of shilling are not obvious, and most of the "evidence" that has been presented, thread after thread, is inconclusive at best

i find it curious that these threads are so rampant on this board and almost non-existent with other sports
From what I remember the BKB forum has about 5 people on it as threads can stay on the 1st page for a month atleast lol and from what I've heard Baseball isnt that much more active. I could be wrong in thinking football is the most active forum on the board? But yeah its getting a tad overwhelming. lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-29-2012, 04:32 PM)branesergen Wrote: From what I remember the BKB forum has about 5 people on it as threads can stay on the 1st page for a month atleast lol and from what I've heard Baseball isnt that much more active. I could be wrong in thinking football is the most active forum on the board? But yeah its getting a tad overwhelming. lol
+1, Football board is the most active and yes the ranting threads are getting out of hand. Also, the absence of Floydtown is readily apparent.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(02-29-2012, 05:03 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: +1, Football board is the most active and yes the ranting threads are getting out of hand. Also, the absence of Floydtown is readily apparent.
even given that football is more active, percentage-wise, it's much much higher. i think ive seen maybe 3 shill threads on the baseball boards in the past 5-6 months. football boards, it's 3 times a week

while increased activity might explain some of it, it certainly doesnt explain most of it

there are stark differences in the attitudes on the different boards. for example: the "beckett hall of fame": thread was generally received well here on the football boards, where as the baseball board derided it as a popularity circle jerk convention

i think the baseball board tends to trend a little older. i would love to do a demographic breakdown of it, to be truthful

Death to the panda bears!
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Everyime someones brings up shill bidding a baby seal is clubbed to death
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-29-2012, 08:16 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Everyime someones brings up shill bidding a baby seal is clubbed to death
LOL Smile

Also I really dont think anyone cares about shilling. everyones sick of hearing about it, dont bid on things that you think are shilled. whats the point of running on here and tattling? most experienced buyers wont buy shilled stuff anyway.
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

(02-29-2012, 08:16 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Everyime someones brings up shill bidding a baby seal is clubbed to death
i know that for a fact, because the 3rd wendsday of every month its my turn with the club.

[Image: darkside.jpg]

(02-29-2012, 08:53 PM)pbean Wrote: [Image: darkside.jpg]
The baby's are easier to club because they are slower and have soft heads.

(02-29-2012, 10:49 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: The baby's are easier to club because they are slower and have soft heads.
Kinda like you?? Tongue
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos