`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Panini's NBA Deal Is Up.....

RE: When Panini's NBA Deal Is Up.....
(02-29-2012, 05:59 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Secondly, how is it a monopoly when Upper Deck and Topps had the opportunity to pay the price set by the NBA and declined?
Nope.

Shezdoni thanks for the info. I looked up the lawsuit Konami won against Upper Deck and it looks pretty bad for the company. I don't even want to think about all the things in basketball they could have counterfeited. I just hope my MJ'S are legit. I am hoping that because he is there spokesman all of his cards are legit. I can't see why a once great company like Upper Deck would jeopardize their everything. They are just greedy like every other company and CEO in the world. I believe the article mentioned the CEO of Upper Deck, the one who guarrantees the cards was involved in the situation. I believe he lead the movement to counterfeit Yu Gi Oh cards. It is shameful and very bad for the hobby

Secondly, how is it a monopoly when Upper Deck and Topps had the opportunity to pay the price set by the NBA and declined?

It is in quotes because I realize it is not quite right but lack of better words at the time left me using it.
Photobucket

(02-29-2012, 11:39 PM)edescartes Wrote: Shezdoni thanks for the info. I looked up the lawsuit Konami won against Upper Deck and it looks pretty bad for the company. I don't even want to think about all the things in basketball they could have counterfeited. I just hope my MJ'S are legit. I am hoping that because he is there spokesman all of his cards are legit. I can't see why a once great company like Upper Deck would jeopardize their everything. They are just greedy like every other company and CEO in the world. I believe the article mentioned the CEO of Upper Deck, the one who guarrantees the cards was involved in the situation. I believe he lead the movement to counterfeit Yu Gi Oh cards. It is shameful and very bad for the hobby
You need to read this, it is a real eye opener, pay special attention to the Section on Game Jersey and memorabilia Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Deck_Company

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

wikipedia is not an absolute guide for truth, what that article states are pure speculation with no facts to back it up, are there rumors about relic cards not being what there made up to be, yes. are they true, could be, but not as likely as u think. most of the time it will say event or game

(03-01-2012, 05:01 AM)shezdoni Wrote: You need to read this, it is a real eye opener, pay special attention to the Section on Game Jersey and memorabilia Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Deck_Company

(03-03-2012, 04:16 AM)davidmichaeljones Wrote: wikipedia is not an absolute guide for truth, what that article states are pure speculation with no facts to back it up, are there rumors about relic cards not being what there made up to be, yes. are they true, could be, but not as likely as u think. most of the time it will say event or game
Look up Upper Deck's various lawsuits. I don't want to believe it after all the money spent but the image of their chairman is tarnished. He has done some very stupid decisions. Unfortunately, an untrustworthy guy is the one that guarrantees the memorabilia in our cards.
Will only trade with Delivery Confirmation!
[Image: BannerCards041.jpg]

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh238...l%20Cards/

(03-03-2012, 04:16 AM)davidmichaeljones Wrote: wikipedia is not an absolute guide for truth, what that article states are pure speculation with no facts to back it up, are there rumors about relic cards not being what there made up to be, yes. are they true, could be, but not as likely as u think. most of the time it will say event or game
I guess the moral of the story is either Don't believe everything you read or pick and choose when it makes you feel more at ease.