Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Condition Guide???

Condition Guide???
Hi everyone! Smile

I remember when I used to get the printed Beckett there was a page dedicated to an explanation of 'condition'. I've searched all over this site it seems. I've searched the forums. Viewing the "Ask the Editor" in linear mode results in a good 100+ posts titled 're: ask the editor' (of course). lol. The only link I found was contained in the Beckett Grading Services help section, however that link (actually their entire help section) seems to be down. Is there ANY other place that has this information on Beckett.com?

If there isn't a link somewhere, shouldn't there be a thread stuck at the top of each trading section that contains this information?

Thanks for any help. Perhaps I'll go and grab an old Beckett and post a thread with it - properly titled so to be easily found in search, of course.

RE: Condition Guide???
I know that if you go on PSA's website, they have a section dedicated to grading whereas they give a detailed description of each number.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Why would I want to go on PSA's website? I have everything I need right here at Beckett.com. Smile

(02-27-2012, 09:12 AM)S3Consignments Wrote: Hi everyone! Smile

I remember when I used to get the printed Beckett there was a page dedicated to an explanation of 'condition'. I've searched all over this site it seems. I've searched the forums. Viewing the "Ask the Editor" in linear mode results in a good 100+ posts titled 're: ask the editor' (of course). lol. The only link I found was contained in the Beckett Grading Services help section, however that link (actually their entire help section) seems to be down. Is there ANY other place that has this information on Beckett.com?

If there isn't a link somewhere, shouldn't there be a thread stuck at the top of each trading section that contains this information?

Thanks for any help. Perhaps I'll go and grab an old Beckett and post a thread with it - properly titled so to be easily found in search, of course.
There used to be a page on Beckett for grading cards at:

www.beckett.com/estore/helpsys/viewarticle.aspx?ArticleId=47

But it seems to have curled up it toes and has died a horrible death.

Ray

Kind of feels and looks like Beckett.com fell into a time warp and got stuck in 2004. Only it lost a lot of its useful appeal. Makes me a little sad.

Perhaps Beckett.com doesn't feel that trading is a valuable aspect of their business. How a business that revolves around TRADING cards can't see the value in maintaining a strong trading network is beyond me. They sell their magazines and services and that's apparently all they see. I'm not bashing the site... I think the site has value and I obviously utilize the services (at a cost of $31/mth.... $384/yr projected). Just wish they would actually put a little bit more focus on the trading aspect. There's tons of suggestions tossed around here in the forums and the response from Beckett seems to be "we are working on it just as soon as..." How long have they been saying that? And to not even have a condition guide readily available to the trading section. That's like basic, you know.