`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Opinions On GMA Grading Services
02-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Opinions On GMA Grading Services
Have my eye on a card but have never heard of GMA. Anyone familiar with them and know if they are comparable with BGS or PSA as far as their grading numbers ? This card says it's a Gem Mint 10 but not sure how to compare that to what the other top companies would grade it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: Opinions On GMA Grading Services
(02-25-2012 09:40 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote:  Have my eye on a card but have never heard of GMA. Anyone familiar with them and know if they are comparable with BGS or PSA as far as their grading numbers ? This card says it's a Gem Mint 10 but not sure how to compare that to what the other top companies would grade it.

It's not comparable to BGS or PSA. Think of them as a hytop grading company. But, buy the card not the label.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
02-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Knock off grading companies try to earn customers repeat business and compete with BGS/PSA/SGC by giving out lots and lots of 10's. I would treat the value of the card as a raw card, do not give ANY price premium based on the grade.

[Image: 1849c983.jpg]
02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
i see cards in GMA, and automatically go somewhere else. i think it's worse than raw pricing

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

[Image: ow91.jpg]
12-17-2013, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 12:02 PM by toddivy.)
submitted a GMA 10 to becketts and they found that the card had been trimmed. Never buy one of their cards
12-17-2013, 12:14 PM
I've got one with a ridiculous gem mint grade on it ... I'd be lucky if it got an 8.5 from BGS. As was said earlier, buy for the card not the label.

[Image: lh67pgE.png]