`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Since There Are No NBA Rookie Cards, Enjoy These Customs!

RE: Since There Are No NBA Rookie Cards, Enjoy These Customs!

Saw the 'no rookie cards' post so I brought these back.

By the way, I'm a huge Kings fan, and Jimmer had a signing this past weekend at a mall out here.

He was super friendly. I got a photo and a custom card signed (not mine, a much better one I bought online).

The whole way home, as happy as I was about the autos, I kept thinking, 'Geez, wouldn't it have been great to get his Prestige or Hoops card signed?'

Oh wait, couldn't be done ...

Yeah, gotta wait till the 2012-13 Hoops to get Jimmer's RC.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(03-15-2012, 08:48 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Yeah, gotta wait till the 2012-13 Hoops to get Jimmer's RC.
Apparently there are some kind of dual redemption cards coming out.

I thought they were in the end of the year releases? But I guess those are in next year's products?

It was really frustrating this past weekend because the Kings have been really good about sending their players out to do free signings at their sponsors — you just have to get there early. I was actually first in line for Jimmer.

Two years ago I got Tyreke Evans at a Carl's Jr., last year I got DeMarcus Cousins at a Jack in the Box, and this year I got Jimmer but had to settle for a custom card.

I just prefer cards because I like a picture along with a signature. I'm not really into bats, balls, jerseys, etc.

The good news is that I got the custom signed in silver Sharpie, and it really pops off the darker, glossy surface. It's in a magnet holder now, you can't really tell at first glance that it's a custom.

It's very well done, I've bought two or three from the same seller on the bay.