`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As fate would have it, I pulled this card.

As fate would have it, I pulled this card.
Just opened my one and only box of 2011 Contenders football and wanted to dive into the sheer coincidences surrounding this box.

Grew up a huge Iowa State Cyclones fan. Without a doubt, the one football player synonymous with that program is Seneca Wallace.

I am also a pretty big Seattle Seahawks fan, so as fate would have it - in the 2003 draft, my Seahawks drafted my favorite college player from my favorite college team.

Of course, Seneca followed tradition and dawned the #15 jersey through his years as a backup for the Seahawks.

Seneca moved on the Browns in 2010 - which opened a spot for his #15 jersey on the roster. Now, of course, Doug Baldwin has filled that jersey quite well in his rookie season.

So, once again, I find fate on my side as I recently busted my one and only box of Contenders for the year, and that same number #15 from the Seahawks landed once again in my collection.

This time in the form of a 1/1:

[Image: 2011-contenders-doug-baldwin-fr-auto-front.jpg]
[Image: 2011-contenders-doug-baldwin-fr-auto-back.jpg]

I could possibly be just looking too much into it as well.

RE: As fate would have it, I pulled this card.
I'd love to have that in my collection.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(02-24-2012, 09:21 AM)bwedeking Wrote: Just opened my one and only box of 2011 Contenders football and wanted to dive into the sheer coincidences surrounding this box.

Grew up a huge Iowa State Cyclones fan. Without a doubt, the one football player synonymous with that program is Seneca Wallace.
Are you too young to remember when Troy Davis got gypped for the Heisman Trophy? First player to ever rush for 2,000 plus yards in a season and not win the Heisman and he did it twice on terrible Iowa State teams who had no defense and a lousy passing game.

At least it looks like we will finally get a chance to chase some ISU autographs next year.

ISU fan here as well that lives in Ankeny...Go STATE

Nice pull.....Congrats?
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Thats such a huge hit for youSmile Baldwin's a stud too! Great pull, neat cardBig Grin

Sweet hit congrats
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Sweet hit congrats
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

when i bust boxes, my pc cards run away from me something fierce.. there probably on the other end of the globe as far as I know.
[Image: ojmagg.png]
Bucket: http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40...l%20cards/
Help Me Build These Rainbows. Trading in your favor!
http://photobucket.com/Rainbowset