`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So why is Quebec so special again?

So why is Quebec so special again?
So you would think after the "discontent" after the Centennial product only being released in Quebec and sold to distributors in Quebec only, why has the company that said they are "out" of the McDoanlds hockey card business now releasing a Montreal Canadien exclusive set? It has been kept pretty quiet as far as I know?????

RE: So why is Quebec so special again?
no idea to be honest

surprised I seen a few boards talk about it and seen a few sets online but that is it
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

They're special...
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

Who doesn't love the Canadiens? They have the name and the brand a lot of folks like to purchase. Almost as bad as the New York Yankees.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I believe that when UD and McDonalds stopped the cards. It was more of a decision from the McDonalds end that put a cease to it. I could be wrong though. The Montreal area Mcdonalds obviously came up with a decision to a Habs set. This is what I've been able to gather on this.
[Image: banner2.jpg]
100% feedback rating of 400+ on Ebay as a buyer and seller.
I have a small reference list(not up to date) of past trades.

McDonald's said no more cards, not UD. Actually, McDonald's said no more promo items period.

That, however, is a corporate decision. Should a particular region or regions find it worthwhile to do the promos, such as hockey cards, corporate will allow that, so long as the individual franchises and restaurants foot the cost.

I imagine that's what happened here. Regional managers and directors made this decision and McDonald's signed off on it. Then Upper Deck was contacted and made the cards.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

what's this about Mcdonald's...are you saying i can get a habs set of cards at Mcdonald's in quebec at the moment? Do you have any details of this set?

As for the centenial cards...i know i was able to get them at my local store and i'm in Ontario. It was cheaper at the bell center though (and i'm sure the bell center shipped the boxes assuming they have an online store anyways).
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

(02-24-2012, 08:02 PM)arock99 Wrote: what's this about Mcdonald's...are you saying i can get a habs set of cards at Mcdonald's in quebec at the moment? Do you have any details of this set?

As for the centenial cards...i know i was able to get them at my local store and i'm in Ontario. It was cheaper at the bell center though (and i'm sure the bell center shipped the boxes assuming they have an online store anyways).
Actually the only way you could buy the Centennial boxes, sets etc. was from the one and only distributor in Quebec who was shown some type of preference by UD and had the exclusive "distributorship" for Canada.

Also, this has been kept about as quiet as Katrina. We're just not being bombarded with ads about it in the rest of Canada like we're used to.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com