`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got To Meet A Former Player Last Night...

RE: Got To Meet A Former Player Last Night...
I know the Duncans are from tucson and Chris went to CDO (local high school) with Ian Kinsler I doubt ill ever see them though really cool story though man!!
[Image: dbacksfanbanner_zps7dd6450d.png]

Randy Johnson and Dan Haren Collector

(02-23-2012, 01:00 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Last night at a high school basketball game, our town celebrated the career of the only player to make it to the majors from here - Marc Hill. I've collected and known about Mark since I was a kid. My grandmother used to babysit him and when she passed away, she had his '83 Topps card amongst her possessions. After the ceremony he displayed some of his game used stuff; his bat, Cardinal hat, etc. I was able to approach him with my son and get a couple of autographs. We talked about my family and other former local ball players like Ron Hunt and the fact that he still gets 10,000 autograph requests a year by mail. The funny thing is that he lives here, and I know I've seen him around town but I never knew who he was.

He was drafted by the Cardinals in 1970. His first card is in 1975 Topps and he shares that card with some guy named Gary Carter Smile He also played for the Giants, Mariners, and White Sox. He went on to coach for the Astros and the Yankees. He was also a minor league manager. During his career, he caught the likes of Bob Gibson, Tom Seaver, and Steve Carlton. According to him he also threw out Lou Brock stealing several times.

Photobucket
Great read!! Awesome for you. Congrats man!!

Pretty cool! I'm just waiting for Lou Brock to show up on here to defend himself from being thrown out by Hill...lol

Here's an interview and introduction at halftime.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

That is a great story.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]