`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BGS GRADING

BGS GRADING
I sent in a Eli Manning Topps Rookie Premiere Autograph RP-EM card to beckett for grading. It was sent back no grade saying "Needs JSA"???Isn't JSA for authenticating the autograph ??? My is a Topps Certified Card right on front of the card. The worse thing is there two of these cards in the Beckett card registry they have graded them before. Please help am I missing something does it need JSA ?? It says Topps certified on the card and the exact card there are two of them are on Ebay right now graded !!

RE: BGS GRADING
Well it may have been a player issued card and a fake. Thats why they say it needs JSA authenticating.
Eddie George Super Collector

(02-23-2012, 12:16 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Well it may have been a player issued card and a fake. Thats why they say it needs JSA authenticating.
What do you mean by a "player issued card" ??? It says Topps Certified right on the card it was a insert in 2004 tops RP-EM Books for $400 in beckett right now. It wasn't just any old card that someone walked up to him and signed if that is what you mean by "Player Issued Card" ???

I read somewhere a while back that BGS no longer grades those Topps Premiere auto cards, because there are just too many fakes out there. They will only grade it if JSA authenticates the signature first.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(02-23-2012, 12:43 PM)millersville1989 Wrote: What do you mean by a "player issued card" ??? It says Topps Certified right on the card it was a insert in 2004 tops RP-EM Books for $400 in beckett right now. It wasn't just any old card that someone walked up to him and signed if that is what you mean by "Player Issued Card" ???
At the topps Rookie Premier up till 2008, Topps issued Player cards that they could of signed and traded with others at the Rookie Premier. Some of those blank cards ended up on the open market and people forged signatures on them. Now Topps serial numbers the cards on the back right after they are signed to keep this from happening.
Eddie George Super Collector

Since those rookie premiere autos are like the most faked cards on earth, beckett will only grade it if it has been authenticated first. So you have to do that and then they will grade it if it comes back okay.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/