`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HUGE Shoutout to Folkertino!

RE: HUGE Shoutout to Folkertino!
(02-23-2012, 03:32 AM)folkertino Wrote: Dude, you're welcome. It was my pleasure as I actually quite enjoy making these cards. Considering that players here are much more approachable than in the States it is fortunately a bit easier here to get a signature from them. Nonetheless it's great to interact with a player in this way and it shows a lot of character and personality for a player to take the effort to sign and return the cards.

I thought I'd use a photo of him in a New Zealand jersey, which I imagine resonates more with you than a Fuenlabrada or other European team's uniform. The card actually came out quite nicely and Kirk Penney set a very nice and sharp auto, so it really looks good.

I was already afraid it had gotten lost in mail as I sent it out on the 2nd and since the 3rd I didn't get any status update on the mail tracking. Glad you received it and that you enjoy the card (only two made! lol)

Here's a video of before sending it out and upon receipt of the return envelope.

I've got another self-made card for myself out there which I hope to get back shortly from a Dutch player. I'll post that when it comes in.
Cool video. Great to see how that all came together. Sounds like you have lots of custom cards in the works so definitely keep us update on how they all go.

First of all, thank you everyone for the kind words.

(02-26-2012, 04:23 AM)dodgytrousers Wrote: Cool video. Great to see how that all came together. Sounds like you have lots of custom cards in the works so definitely keep us update on how they all go.
Yeah there's a few out there. I meant to finish the best one so far today, but the ink started to stain so in the end it served as a tryout. Here it is: an Ibaka booklet which I hope to get signed soon. (because of the ink problem I didn't put much effort in cutting it right, the final should be - no - will be perfect)

FRONT
[Image: img9268t.jpg]

INSIDE
[Image: img9271z.jpg]

BACK
[Image: img9272p.jpg]

It only needs more quality control, seems there are factory damages upon the booklet auto Ibaka card. Big Grin

On a more serious note, I like the look of it. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Great story! It is good to hear there are still great people in this hobby. The cards look great too, folkertino you have some skills.
Photobucket

He has mad skillz! Smile