Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
DO NOT TRADE with rad_1205

DO NOT TRADE with rad_1205
Hey everyone,

I'd like to apologize in advance for the long read/rant, but I felt I had to post this after the PMs I received today from this deadbeat. Also posting this to warn others about trading with him.

Most of you guys know the problem I've had with rad_1205 (Richard) about our recent $25 trade. Most of the details can be found here:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-148...age-1.html

After I thought this deal couldn't have gotten any worse, it did (details below).

First, a recap of this whole debacle:

I was interested in trading for a Mulder patch /25 since last March. After multiple attempts at it (and dozens of unanswered PMs) he and I finally agreed on a trade on January 26. I sent out my end with delivery confirmation the very next day. It arrived at its destination on the 30th.

Rad_1205 marked his cards as "shipped" on February 1st. Then on the 7th he sends me this message via the trade function:

"checking on the status of our trade i recieved your cards last week just wanted to see if you recieved my end of the deal. Do to my work schedule i got the cards out a few days late, but just wanted to know if you recieved them yet. PLease keep me posted"

I responded a few hours later and asked him to send me the delivery confirmation number.

He then sent me this PM later that night:

"Im currently at work and dont get off until 11 tonight ill track down the D/C for you and get it to you. I send all my item with D/C for situations like this. YOu are not the only person ive traded with in the last week that im having this issue with. I have two other traders as well who have not recieved thier items either. PLease be patient with me i know this entire trade has been a pain in the ***** from start to finish. I do apologize and i will be sending something else out to you after you recieve this end of the trade just for the way this trade has went."

As the days went by the cards failed to arrive. I asked him several times to send me the DC# but did not receive a response.

Then on the 14th he sends me a message with the delivery confirmation number. I check the status of the package and see that it was sent out on the 13th and NOT on the 1st when it was marked as 'shipped' and when he claimed to have shipped. Not only did he lie to me about sending his end of the deal but he lied to me about looking for the DC#. He made up a story about having issues with other traders not receiving his cards just to get me off his back.

I told him that I just wished he were honest about the whole thing about not sending his end and that I would have understood if he was too busy to go to the post office.

I received the cards on the 15th. He was nice enough to send me an extra GU as an apology for the whole debacle. Unfortunately, the main card in the deal -- the Mulder patch -- came with a big ding on the bottom right corner but I did not PM him because I was already fed with the deal and didn't want anything more to do with him. Then he PMs me about a thread I made asking if it was related to our trade and I told him "no". I figured since he PM'd me I might as well tell him about the dinged Mulder, so I did and even sent along a scan (shown below). He responded by offering to buy me another Mulder card as a replacement or send me a few dollars in PayPal. I said it was up to him to do what he thought was fair.

Yesterday, after thinking about it, I PM'd him asking him if he could send me $2 to cover the shipping costs of our trade. I figured it's the least he could do to make up for the dinged Mulder. Then he quickly responds that he'll reimburse me for shipping if I send the cards back. I said forget it -- I didn't want to go through this crap again and that I was happy just keeping the cards (I never wanted to reverse the deal in the first place).

So today I get on and see a PM from rad_1205 telling me that he is sending back my cards and that he want his cards back. I responded and told him that it has to be a mutual agreement and that I was not sending the cards back. I also told him don't bother sending back the cards because I will refuse them. He then threatens to 'take legal action' against me if we don't reverse the trade.

So to sum it up... he's going to take legal action against me if we don't reverse our trade on these grounds: 1) We agreed to the deal via Beckett's trade function; 2) We both received our cards with DC; 3) He wants to trade back b/c I was disappointed in a card, even though I said I was fine with keeping it; 4) And all this after he intentionally lied to me about sending the card when he didn't and giving me the run-around.

I have received PMs from members sympathizing with me about my issues with rad_1205. It seems as though many people have had trouble communicating with him and getting their cards in a timely matter. As a few respected members pointed out, his feedback is a complete joke as people don't want to leave accurate ratings in fear of receiving retaliatory feedback. I am planning on leaving the feedback he deserves. I fully expect him to retaliate but think it's important to warn others about his horrible communication, dishonesty, and slow shipping. I'm hoping those who haven't left feedback in fear of retaliation will do the same.

Thanks again for listening to my rant/problems with rad_1205 (Richard). He'll definitely be going on my "do not trade" list. If you want to trade with him, do it at your own risk.

Thanks,

Brian

Scan of the Mulder with a huge ding on the bottom right corner.

[Image: IMG_0008damaged.jpg]

RE: DO NOT TRADE with rad_1205
Been trying since November to get something done with him. I just cancelled the trade, not worth the hassle. IMO it deserves a negative,and if he leaves retalitory feedback, the Mods will address it (they cant change feedback but doubt he will be around much longer then). You can leave a message on anything he leaves, and if he gets banned as I would think he would, you can point to the fact hes banned because of that feedback, everyone will understand.
And weird, in the last 10 minutes, he responded to the offer which was originally sent in November...lol. Odd timing. still cancelled.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Trading is suppose to be something we do for fun and should not be a huge hassle. Some back and forth to negotiate and all good. Mail out within a week and some good communication is all we really need.

Had one trade where the items didnt get mailed out, I asked the guy about it and it got misplaced in some other things. He says it got mailed out (still waiting a few more days) but he's been good on the communication and have no plans of marking him down.

(02-22-2012, 08:50 PM)jd2k2003 Wrote: Trading is suppose to be something we do for fun and should not be a huge hassle. Some back and forth to negotiate and all good. Mail out within a week and some good communication is all we really need.

Had one trade where the items didnt get mailed out, I asked the guy about it and it got misplaced in some other things. He says it got mailed out (still waiting a few more days) but he's been good on the communication and have no plans of marking him down.
I'm glad the trader was honest with you.

All I wanted from rad_1205 was honesty and timely communication, and instead he gave me lie after lie. And now he wants me to reverse the trade. Screw him!

It's people like rad_1205 that ruin the hobby for the rest of us.

Stuff like this makes me thankful i have had some awesome traders.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(02-22-2012, 08:37 PM)markmulder20 Wrote: So today I get on and see a PM from rad_1205 telling me that he is sending back my cards and that he want his cards back. I responded and told him that it has to be a mutual agreement and that I was not sending the cards back.
Im not getting into the whole mess and Im not defending either side. But I would like to comment on the trade back. If EITHER party is unhappy for ANY reason a trade back is a possibility, at least in my book. If any of my trade partners said they wanted a trade back I wouldnt even question it. I dont need a reason. Just tell me you want to trade back and done. I would hope my trade partners would give me the same respect. Lets face it, cards can always be different once you have them in hand.

With that said and given the history you have here with rad. I would hold on to his cards for sure untill you got yours back.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(02-22-2012, 09:16 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Im not getting into the whole mess and Im not defending either side. But I would like to comment on the trade back. If EITHER party is unhappy for ANY reason a trade back is a possibility, at least in my book. If any of my trade partners said they wanted a trade back I wouldnt even question it. I dont need a reason. Just tell me you want to trade back and done. I would hope my trade partners would give me the same respect. Lets face it, cards can always be different once you have them in hand.

With that said and given the history you have here with rad. I would hold on to his cards for sure untill you got yours back.
I think this is a totally different situation. The only reason HE wants to reverse the trade is because I was disappointed with one of the cards, which to me, doesn't really make much sense. I told him I want to keep the cards yet he's forcing me to send them back.

50 plus trades all postive.

Ive been on this site for over a year. THis is the first trade that i ever had any issue with. I told you last week that i would do what i could to make up for this trade before you took it public the first time.

Now that you have taken public a 2nd time. All i want is my cards back and you can have yours back. I also told you that i would pay for your shipping cost for the first time you shipped and as well as the second. I included an extra card to make up for my slip on the shipping in which you stated today you traded it yesterday. Now you are refusing to send my cards back that you still have from the trade. Im really trying to understand you? If your not happy send the cards back quit posting thing on the forum. Its funny to me some people make trades on here and never recieve thier items or hear from the inidividual they traded with. Ive been more than willing to work with you, but you have taken here again, so just sedn the cards back and never talk to me again. PM your paypal info and ill pay for the shipping!!!

And yes if i will be looking into legal action if i dont get my cards back. If you refuse to recieve your cards back thats not my problem yours will be shipped in the morning.

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(02-22-2012, 09:19 PM)markmulder20 Wrote: I think this is a totally different situation. The only reason HE wants to reverse the trade is because I was disappointed with one of the cards, which to me, doesn't really make much sense. I told him I want to keep the cards yet he's forcing me to send them back.
Yea its a bummer and it dont make sense. There are people out there who dont make sense lol. You might have just run into one. Do the trade back, get over with it and move on to the next trade. I look at each trade as a $4 gamble. Bout round trip shipping costs. Same way I look at it if one of my eBay buyers (one of the strange people again) wants to return something. Paypal is going to make me eat it. So I might as well agree, get over it and move on lol... I mean really if we cant afford a $4 gamble we prolly shouldnt be spending $$ on baseball cards lol....
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Let him waste his money in taking legal action. In the end, he will wished he would of just sent you the $2 bucks to cover shipping.
Collecting Joey Votto-

[Image: JoeyVottoBanner2.jpg]

"The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."