`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organizational Question

RE: Organizational Question
OMG I am doing this all wrong. All my cards are in pennies & toploaders with the thicker Autos & Game-Used in one touch magnetics & are in boxes sorted from PC to trade bait. I started with a binder but it didn't work out between us lol.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

I have done all sorts of organizing and re-organizing in my nearly 30 years of collecting. About a dozen years ago, I found out that organizing by team makes it extremely hard to trade efficiently. You don't really know where that card is when looking for it unless you know exactly which player played for what team and when. I sort my tradable cards by year, then brand, then set, then card number. It makes it easy to find any card that comes up in a trade offer.
The only MLB cards that are sorted by team is my STL Cardinals collection. That is PC and I only trade duplicates, so I know where every one of those cards is when they are added to a trade offer.

Am I the only one who put all his card in pages, ordered by collection; each collection in one album?
And for the noticeable ones (RC, Sn#, auto, relic) in individual top loader.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

(03-04-2014, 02:47 AM)jeantoto Wrote: Am I the only one who put all his card in pages, ordered by collection; each collection in one album?
I do that. I collect all Hall of Fame players and potential Hall of Famers (including the damn PED guys who were headed for the Hall but derailed their chances). That's over 100 different players and I have a binder (or 2 and in some cases 3) for each player. For each player I have one binder for low value cards and another (in a safe) for high value cards.

I keep my cards in chronological Beckett order and don't leave spaces for the ones I'm missing. When I get new "old" cards, I sit with my binder and move them all over. It takes time but that's how I enjoy my collection. I usually wait until I have several cards so I am not moving them all for the sake of one card. I can sit and listen to my wife for hours as long as I have a binder of cards in my lap.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I have some organized by year then by team and any other SN, auto, relic etc are in penny sleeves and toploaders. By collection i assume you mean sets??? I have some other binders with different sets Ive put together, so as you can see I havent been able to decide on which is the best way!!!! ITs all a work in progress

(03-04-2014, 02:47 AM)jeantoto Wrote: Am I the only one who put all his card in pages, ordered by collection; each collection in one album?
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Clearly there is no one way to do this. Heck I don't even have all of my sports arranged the same way. Baseball, Basketball, Football are all different depending on what I thought was the right way at the time. The only consistent thing is that my Beckett Organize is arranged the same way as my cards.

For those of us that trade, I'm sure you know that whatever your organization method, some trades are easier to pull than others. It just depends on the trade and how your collection is organized. You cannot set it up to make them all easy. However, by having my Beckett Organize set up to mirror my actual card organization, I can easily search in Beckett for a card and know exactly where it is in my collection. That has saved me many times where intuitively I thought I knew where I had a card but it was in a different place.