`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why In the World..?

Why In the World..?
Do people try to sell cards on eBay with no picture?

I'm searching cards right now and on every single page there is like at least 20 listings with no picture...

No one is going to buy your stuff with no picture. At least I never would.
Collect Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love and anything that looks cool.

[Image: biglovin2.gif]

RE: Why In the World..?
(02-22-2012, 12:12 PM)Biglovin373 Wrote: Do people try to sell cards on eBay with no picture?

I'm searching cards right now and on every single page there is like at least 20 listings with no picture...

No one is going to buy your stuff with no picture. At least I never would.
They try, or they have the excuse (and at times it's valid) "my scanner is broke", "I don't have a camera", "my phone doesn't have a camera on it", "my phone has a camera on it, but I don't have internet on my phone." The last one is getting more and more unbelievable, but they all actually can be valid. But yeah, I'm sure most of the ones with pictures don't sell very well if at all that often.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Sometimes the seller is just lazy..i contacted one the other day and his reply was if its really that important to you ill email you a pic...
[Image: jonathancard.png]

I still buy without a picture, so long as there is a clear statement regarding the condition of the card (i.e. Near Mint or better condition). I won't buy if the seller doesn't have a picture and says the cards are in great condition or anything similar. What I really hate is when a seller has a picture that is either way out of focus or is cutoff so you can't see the whole card, and then states to see the picture for condition.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

on "free listing days", sellers get up to 5000 listings for free, but only have 24 hours to do so. since it costs them nothing to list, and time doesnt permit getting pics up, they list without pics

can you not edit the auction with pics?

after you list it?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(02-22-2012, 12:49 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: can you not edit the auction with pics?

after you list it?
if you are listing hundreds or thousands of auctions, with no consequence if they dont sell...why even try?

(02-22-2012, 01:01 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if you are listing hundreds or thousands of auctions, with no consequence if they dont sell...why even try?
I guess in an effort to get them to sell? Smile I mean, yeah, if they don't sell, ok? But if they do sell, AWESOME!!!!!!!! So if you can list 5000 auctions in one day (which means you'd have to list one every 17 seconds for a whole 24 hours, seems nearly impossible) and then go back over the course of that week or 10 days to make it look better so that they do sell, it can only help right? I wish they would give you more than one days notice though when they do that. lol. I'll be at work and get the email stating that the next day I can list 1000 items for free. I'm like, "I can't scan that many pictures or know how I want to list them in that amount of time." And they never seem to do it on the weekends, at least not what I've noticed.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

OK, yes you can add a pic after the auction has started.......

AND FYI, some of my best deals on ebay came in an auction or best offers without pictures in the listing.

I have purchased from beverly hills sports cards numerous times and they don't have a pic on alot of their listings. They are a pretty large outfit and have been around for years though.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(02-22-2012, 01:20 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I guess in an effort to get them to sell? Smile I mean, yeah, if they don't sell, ok? But if they do sell, AWESOME!!!!!!!! So if you can list 5000 auctions in one day (which means you'd have to list one every 17 seconds for a whole 24 hours, seems nearly impossible) and then go back over the course of that week or 10 days to make it look better so that they do sell, it can only help right? I wish they would give you more than one days notice though when they do that. lol. I'll be at work and get the email stating that the next day I can list 1000 items for free. I'm like, "I can't scan that many pictures or know how I want to list them in that amount of time." And they never seem to do it on the weekends, at least not what I've noticed.
usually not worth the effort, to be truthful

one of my customers listed 3500, no pics. (i agree, without a turbolister, that many seems impossible)

on FLD's, i usually list about 600 auctions, but they are all around 28 variations, so i just have 28 tabs open, and keep relisting