`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to confirm this...

Wanting to confirm this...
A BGS 8.5 is equivalent to a PSA 9 correct?

BGS 9.5 is a PSA 10 right?

If this is true, then is it because BGS goes as high a 10 "Pristine"? Is it because of the 1/2 grades that are applied OR...maybe it's both?

Just curious. My MJ rooke being a BGS 8.5 would be the same as a PSA 9?

What would you guys rather go with? A BGS 8.5 or PSA 9?

Thanks!!

RE: Wanting to confirm this...
BGS 8.5=PSA 8.5. PSA added half grades pretty recently.

BGS 9=PSA 9.

BGS 9.5=PSA 10.

PSA caps at Gem Mt. BGS caps at Pristine.

BGS 10=PSA Undefined brilliance. PSA doesn't have a Pristine rating.

Grading: The other white meat.

Wait, what?

In my eyes, no, a BGS 8.5 falss between a PSA 8 and PSA 9. An 8 is considered near mint and a 9 is mint, by both PSA and BGS. A BGS 8.5 is nrmt-mt so its the middle mark.
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

the person that will be able to answer your questions the best is MOD jeffv96masters, he is like the grading expert, so if you send him a Pm I know he can answer your questions better than anyone else concerning the different grades for all the grading companies
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35
Thumbs Up 
(02-22-2012, 09:20 AM)shezdoni Wrote: the person that will be able to answer your questions the best is MOD jeffv96masters, he is like the grading expert, so if you send him a Pm I know he can answer your questions better than anyone else concerning the different grades for all the grading companies
FTW!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(02-22-2012, 09:07 AM)willbbc2 Wrote: BGS 8.5=PSA 8.5. PSA added half grades pretty recently.

BGS 9=PSA 9.

BGS 9.5=PSA 10.

PSA caps at Gem Mt. BGS caps at Pristine.

BGS 10=PSA Undefined brilliance. PSA doesn't have a Pristine rating.

Grading: The other white meat.

Wait, what?
Thanks Will...that's what I figured. Wishful thinking on my part I guess. So, what would you prefer? A BGS 8.5 or. PSA 9? Obviously based on preference I know and who wouldn't rather have a 9?

Thanks for the input by the way.
(02-22-2012, 09:20 AM)shezdoni Wrote: the person that will be able to answer your questions the best is MOD jeffv96masters, he is like the grading expert, so if you send him a Pm I know he can answer your questions better than anyone else concerning the different grades for all the grading companies
Shez thanks. I think my questions were answered. I just might PM Jeff anyway to get his thoughts. Cool man, thanks again!!

I'd rather have the 9, either BGS or PSA, over an 8.5 any day but then again I'd rather just buy one raw. I'm not a big fan of grading, even on the vintage side of things.

Too much emphasis is put on the label. Yeah, it's great that we have third parties to help avoid counterfeiting and assign quality ratings to cards but people too often pay for the label and not the card. Look how many serial numbered cards grade an 8.5 one week, get cracked and come back a 9.5 a few months later. It's the same card!

Since they aren't he same I'd say the PSA 9 but if you had a shot at the BGS 9 then go with that.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html