`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Anyone going to fork out the $$ for this?

RE: OT: Anyone going to fork out the $$ for this?
I just got my ipad2 for christmas and I love it. Sometimes I hate the auto type feature and I'm not good at the copy and paste thing with it, but hey, I also hate I can't hook it up my printer but I kept my pc for those things. I used to work on that base as a chef. I live in Cheyenne now, small world .. I will not be jumping on the new one, I will keep this one until it doesn't work anymore..lol...

(02-21-2012, 09:01 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I don't even bother trying to keep up with any of this stuff. This is the cell phone I still have and use from 2007. It sends/receives calls just fine and texts fine as well if I feel so inclined to do that.
[Image: sch-u740-1.jpg]
+1...i break mine at work all the time and then just buy a new one when its time for an upgrade . One that calls and texts and thats it. I spend money i save on stuff like that on longoria and braun autos....I hate technology

Yea they sell good on the bay. I recently sold a Blackberry Bold and Blackberry Storm that me and the wife had before getting some Droids. They sell really well cause they are so many people looking for phones that don't have to have a contract. and most phone compaines charge full retail for the phone without contract. I got $175 for these phones and they have been sitting on my desk for 6 months.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Being a tech has made me realize that technology is ever changing. I almost bought an Ipad2 for Christmas but I got my wife a kindle fire instead. She loves it. She reads constantly. I got myself a used Macbook Pro that I am typing on and I am very with it. Its an older model but still is a Core2 duo processor with 4 gig of ram. The thing that makes Apple the leader these days is the design. Microsoft has a pretty good product but because an apple doesn't use the same OS it just works faster and better.

(02-22-2012, 07:15 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Still in CO? If so, what part are you in? I ask because I am stationed here. I live on the Academy Air Base, but I work out of Fort Carson.
Nah man I was out there for a back country ski trip after an abysmal East Coast season. Looped around the Rockies hit Steamboat, Teluride, Crested Butte, A-Basin...but I digress...Thank you for serving and defending our country, I pray you dont see any combat.

-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

Probably will never buy one period. Forget the Ipad, I still haven't bought an Ipod or Iphone yet. Not a tech guy at all. Hell I just figured out how to get a banner off photobucket then someone made me the one I now have on here because I simply had no clue how to make it myself.

(02-23-2012, 08:24 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Probably will never buy one period. Forget the Ipad, I still haven't bought an Ipod or Iphone yet. Not a tech guy at all. Hell I just figured out how to get a banner off photobucket then someone made me the one I now have on here because I simply had no clue how to make it myself.
I think we all need to advance as technology does or we will be left behind in the stone ages...lol At least that's what I told my parents years ago, then I finally bought my mother a blackberry phone and she was lost. lol

I'm only 34 and trust me, I'm still learning myself. Not saying anyone needs to go out and get the latest gadget or what not, but IMO I think we all at some point will have to "Tech it up" eventually, even if it's not by choice.

At work yesterday I found myself taking pictures of different types of documents, rosters, etc; saving them to my iPhone so that I would not have to carry the paper around. Lol

Point being I guess is that we will be living in a digital era where we might not even have to worry about anything other than what our little computer asks for. Sad.

Heck, there is talk about issuing out cell phones to privates coming in and out of basic training...lol

I am also 34 and I will gladly stay in the "stone ages" for as long as possible. My younger brother gets all kinds of excited about all these new gadgets, but I really have no desire to use or learn about most of them. I am happy with my plain cell phone where I can send and receive calls and text messages and maybe take a picture if needed. Although the pic quality sucks. Don't need to jump on websites and play games on my phone. Have little to no use for Ipods or Ipads so I don't ever see me buying them.

They are saying faster processor and better camera. Also maybe Siri being added. I just bought the ipad2 as well. The thing is your gonna be happy witH the 2 and won't know the big difference if there is one cause you can't miss what you never had. The 2 is very nice so don't sweat it bud.
[quote='snappyjoe75' pid='1910635' dateline='1329883429']
happened to me as well. bought the ipad 1 and then couple weeks later the 2 came out. was pissed and tried to return it to best buy. was out of the 14 day grace period. i chewed them out saying that u r a electronics store and probably new the ipad2 was coming out. oh sir, we had no idea. yeah right!!
feel for ya man!!
[/quote]

Apple is extremely secretive. It's also the job of the re to l the stocked item.

[quote='jdetter23' pid='1910551' dateline='1329881561']
Sell the iPad 2 since you can still get almost full price for it and then use that money to get the iPad 3 lol. I cant wait to see whats different in it.I heard they were gonna have the 10inch and then a 8 inch screen one too to compete with the other smaller tablets.
[/quote]

It's not worth doing this. The 2 will serve you fine. The 3 will release in March but unless your lucky or wanna fight for one it will be a couple moths before you put your hands on a 3 likely. Plus with any new item comes little bugs.

[quote='Jakelovescards' pid='1911266' dateline='1329935988']
I just got my ipad2 for christmas and I love it. Sometimes I hate the auto type feature and I'm not good at the copy and paste thing with it, but hey, I also hate I can't hook it up my printer but I kept my pc for those things. I used to work on that base as a chef. I live in Cheyenne now, small world .. I will not be jumping on the new one, I will keep this one until it doesn't work anymore..lol...
[/quote]

+1, auto type saves my butt a times but it's a pain for names etc cause it thinks your wrong and corrects but if you slow down a hair it's cool. The copy feature is tough at times but does work once you get used to it. I have my PC for the important stuff like shipping labels etc. I mean this is a tablet not a PC so we have small issues we can't use it for. I am more than happy though.
[quote='mickey7mantle7' pid='1912429' dateline='1330012362']

I think we all need to advance as technology does or we will be left behind in the stone ages...lol At least that's what I told my parents years ago, then I finally bought my mother a blackberry phone and she was lost. lol

I'm only 34 and trust me, I'm still learning myself. Not saying anyone needs to go out and get the latest gadget or what not, but IMO I think we all at some point will have to "Tech it up" eventually, even if it's not by choice.

I love that if I take a picture on my phone its on my tablet too. This saves a ton of time for me and makes life easier. If you have kids its a HUGE plus for sure. It's the same with music. Anyone knocking the Apple products has likely never had them. Once you go Apple it's not easy to go back. So if your not into that then steer clear. I warn you if you get I one you will likely love it and always want Apple products for the convenience.