`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay Advice

eBay Advice
So i hop on the Jeremy Lin hype wave and sold my R&S RC. this is my first sale on eBay ever. My Auction ended last Friday and I still haven't got paid. Now I know when I buy, I go for the last minute deals and pay right after I win... What is the normal wait time before i send a reminder email?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...true&rt=nc
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

RE: eBay Advice
Manny,

I usually post in my auctions a payment due date (ex: payment is due within 3 business days). Once that time is up, I will contact the buyer. When you say last Friday are you talking about the 17th or the 10th? If it was on the 17th then I would give them a week to make payment. If it was on the 10th then you should contact them now. I try to work out situations with people because you never know what's going on with them.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

the 17th
Joey Porter Collector
Thumbs Up 
(02-21-2012, 01:25 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: I try to work out situations with people because you never know what's going on with them.
+1 but i never sold or bought on ebay

but you gotta be patient and let them try to pay
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(02-21-2012, 01:27 PM)MannyEsco Wrote: the 17th
ebay gives the buyers usually 7 days to pay but you can open a case on the 4th day...I usually send the Buyers a nice message saying thank you for your purchase i have the card ready to be shipped out just waiting on payment and a case will be open by the 4th day for my safety as a seller on ebay... If you dont open a case and they dont pay at all youll have to pay the seller fees so best to open a case if you are having troubles..And also you need to state if you accept paypal only or checks cash echecks MO etc..hope this helps somewhat
Collecting: ALL NBA STARS & SUPER STARS, ALL CURRENT DETROIT LIONS & Barry Sanders + NFL STARS

http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/est89detLions/

(02-21-2012, 01:36 PM)dirtya13 Wrote: ebay gives the buyers usually 7 days to pay but you can open a case on the 4th day...I usually send the Buyers a nice message saying thank you for your purchase i have the card ready to be shipped out just waiting on payment and a case will be open by the 4th day for my safety as a seller on ebay... If you dont open a case and they dont pay at all youll have to pay the seller fees so best to open a case if you are having troubles..And also you need to state if you accept paypal only or checks cash echecks MO etc..hope this helps somewhat

That's pretty standard.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

some people wait for you to send an invoice, did you send one?

(02-21-2012, 01:36 PM)dirtya13 Wrote: ebay gives the buyers usually 7 days to pay but you can open a case on the 4th day...I usually send the Buyers a nice message saying thank you for your purchase i have the card ready to be shipped out just waiting on payment and a case will be open by the 4th day for my safety as a seller on ebay... If you dont open a case and they dont pay at all youll have to pay the seller fees so best to open a case if you are having troubles..And also you need to state if you accept paypal only or checks cash echecks MO etc..hope this helps somewhat
Sent the message earlier... Pretty much took what you said.. Hopefully he pays soon. I have always been the buyer and I always pay ASAP especially when I snipe...
(02-21-2012, 05:35 PM)southpaugh2002 Wrote: some people wait for you to send an invoice, did you send one?
Yea I did it the next morning...
Thank yall for your help... Just a little worried because of the buyers 0% feedback rating... He hasn't been active since July 2010
Joey Porter Collector

Personally, I send them an invoice after they win requesting payment within 7 days. If they don't pay within that time then I send them another email stating I will be opening a case if they don't pay. Now, if they contact me and make other arrangements that's fine. The thing that really gets me is some people's lack of communication. If I don't get a response and the 7 days pass, I just open a case.

(02-21-2012, 08:28 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: Now, if they contact me and make other arrangements that's fine. The thing that really gets me is some people's lack of communication. If I don't get a response and the 7 days pass, I just open a case.
This is what I do too. Lack of communication is frustrating. I also find people do not read the description. I state in my description when payment is due and I know people do not read this because I get people getting upset from simple reminder emails, reminding them of what the description originally said. Sort of frustrating how people think they can do what they want, when they want and that is expected to be okay.

[Image: Nick.jpg]