`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Over PSA to BGS/BVG

Cross Over PSA to BGS/BVG
Just curious if anyone has ever sent a PSA graded card to Beckett to have it graded as either BGS or BVG and it came back with a higher grade?

I know you specify minimum grade or something but I'm really just curious if any one has had experience.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

RE: Cross Over PSA to BGS/BVG
Here's the deal:

Back in 09 there was a special that waived all the extraneous fees with cross grading so I sent in 5 or 6 PSA 9 and 10s.

Nothing came back BGS 10. Nothing came back lower than a BGS 9. One of the PSA 9 cards was bumped up to a BGS 9.5. Most of the PSA 10s were BGS 9.5 but one was a BGS 9.

One time I crossed a PSA 7 to a BGS 7 (it was an 84 Topps Elway rookie).

Since then I've figured out a method that works for me on busting cards out of the PSA slabs without damaging them and submitting them as such. Saves a bundle and you don't have to have that "Grading bias paranoia" as I like to call it. I had a PSA 8 come back 8.5 and all the PSA 10s have been BGS 9.5 on regrade.

I've never had a PSA 10 come back BGS 10.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(03-18-2016, 08:01 PM)y2hood Wrote: Here's the deal:

Back in 09 there was a special that waived all the extraneous fees with cross grading so I sent in 5 or 6 PSA 9 and 10s.

Nothing came back BGS 10. Nothing came back lower than a BGS 9. One of the PSA 9 cards was bumped up to a BGS 9.5. Most of the PSA 10s were BGS 9.5 but one was a BGS 9.

One time I crossed a PSA 7 to a BGS 7 (it was an 84 Topps Elway rookie).

Since then I've figured out a method that works for me on busting cards out of the PSA slabs without damaging them and submitting them as such. Saves a bundle and you don't have to have that "Grading bias paranoia" as I like to call it. I had a PSA 8 come back 8.5 and all the PSA 10s have been BGS 9.5 on regrade.

I've never had a PSA 10 come back BGS 10.
Thanks, I didn't even know that there were extra fees involved. Breaking cards out of cases it pretty easy if you take it slow, I've done several both BGS and PSA. I am watching a PSA 9 card and if I buy it I will want to send it in for BVG grading but would really like to think I would get a 9 and just wondered about it....thanks again
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

No prob. Firm but gentle on those PSA cases. Flat head screwdriver.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I have never used the crossover service (and probably never will with the price they charge for it) but I have cracked out many psa 9's, 10's and even a 7.

Had one psa 10 come back a 9, another 10 came back 8.5, had six psa 10's came back 9.5's, had a psa 9 come back a 9, and had a vintage psa 7 come back as altered. So pretty good with crackouts, I'd recommend cracking and submitting over cross-grading.

Sent to psa10 for cross but didnt meet minimum grade 9.5

I've only tried it once - sent a 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie (PSA 8) in and had it regraded by BGS, it came back an 8.5. I'm about to have a 1979-80 OPC Wayne Gretzky Rookie (KSA 7.5) regraded by BVG so I'm curious to know how that will come out; I've hard KSA is really tough on their hockey cards, so will see if BVG agrees and gives it an equivalent grade or a higher one.