`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does "Prime" mean?

What does "Prime" mean?
I'm just curious as to what everyone feels that a "Prime" card actually means? I've always took it to mean basically anything other than a plain solid color material. Lately, I've received cards in trades and in packs though that were "prime", but was a plain 1 color jersey. Are these just mistake cards or am I wrong in my thinking?
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

RE: What does "Prime" mean?
prime means "patch". or some part of the jersey that isnt part of the regular fabric. it can be one color, or multi-colored

Panini definition of prime is: a 1 clr jersey placed in a patch window because our employees are to lazy to make sure a prime card has a prime patch, also see quality controls inability to catch such failures.

I remember Wifey pulling a Devry Henderson prime Black version from elite this last year and it was a 1 clr black piece of jersey in a black card so you really couldn't tell it was even there, just awesome for a card numbered /10
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

It could be a solid part of a number or a letter... something other than the plain jersey material. I have one that is a number piece, because it is vinyl.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

a patch can be 1 color. for instance, you could get the middle of a jersey number...all one color, definitely a patch though. it isnt part of the regular jersey, therefore prime

Yeah you can tell the difference in the material of a patch and a jersey but this Henderson was nothing but jersey sadly enough
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

The few I've received or seen lately have been purely a single color piece that seems to be a regular jersey, and that's why I asked the question. You can generally tell the difference in material, at least I have been able to in the past if it's a patch or number. I've just started seeing it mostly in the past few months and I think it sucks. I guess some things can be missed sometimes, but there should be better QC for this. The point of it being "prime" is because it's not a basic jersey piece, and should be different.

I just wanted to make sure I had the right idea regarding the meaning of "prime".
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/