`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow!! Kobe 14kt gold standard /10

RE: wow!! Kobe 14kt gold standard /10
(02-21-2012, 08:12 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: I didn't hate at all, just worked the numbers for the gold content comment for accuracy......... [Image: th5best.gif]
Thats cool...... I did some math too! Your opinion is worth nothing to me!!! Yay!!

[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Lmfao...CASH FOR GOLD!!!!
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(02-21-2012, 02:49 AM)jeep1991 Wrote: 14K gold is 58.5% pure gold. So I am going to round down and say half of the material is actual gold. I would imagine that is probably around 7 milligrams or less of 14kt gold. 14 milligrams of pure 24k gold is worth about $4. So cut that in half, and then in half again, $1. Congratulations, you're rich.

[Image: 2thumbsup.gif]

Your math is not only skewed , but your facts are......

The gold in that card is worth a little less than $40. Other collectors (ones that just don't guess and post untrue comments online) figured it out by destroying a scrub card and weighing the gold.

$1!!!...I am not going to bother with the things that you are wrong on, you are so far off and it is something that can be googled (both the amount of gold in the card and the price of 14K gold). Please research your information before you spread MISINFORMATION!!!

southpaugh....I just recently moved the Gold Records Wilt Chamberlain like this for about $150 cash and trade. You did well on that buy.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(02-22-2012, 06:28 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Your math is not only skewed , but your facts are......

The gold in that card is worth a little less than $40. Other collectors (ones that just don't guess and post untrue comments online) figured it out by destroying a scrub card and weighing the gold.

$1!!!...I am not going to bother with the things that you are wrong on, you are so far off and it is something that can be googled (both the amount of gold in the card and the price of 14K gold). Please research your information before you spread MISINFORMATION!!!

southpaugh....I just recently moved the Gold Records Wilt Chamberlain like this for about $150 cash and trade. You did well on that buy.
thanks, just out of curiosity, how much gold is in it?

(02-22-2012, 06:28 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Your math is not only skewed , but your facts are......

You are right, I completely guessed at the amount of gold in the card. And my math was so flippin' generalized I don't know how anyone could take it be a solid figure. I rounded down and then just cut it in half twice, which I clearly stated. If you want an accurate figure, 7 milligrams of 14k gold is 23¢. My point was that there was no way that card contained $100 worth of gold, which is in fact true. Maybe not by the 99% margin I gave it, but still 51%. It is not like people are going to cash the things in for gold content. So the accuracy of my generalization means very little.

sportscardblog.net/.../how-much-gold-is-in-

Maybe this will give you guys a lil more insight on how much gold is in the card..
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(02-23-2012, 12:31 AM)jeep1991 Wrote: You are right, I completely guessed at the amount of gold in the card. And my math was so flippin' generalized I don't know how anyone could take it be a solid figure. I rounded down and then just cut it in half twice, which I clearly stated. If you want an accurate figure, 7 milligrams of 14k gold is 23¢. My point was that there was no way that card contained $100 worth of gold, which is in fact true. Maybe not by the 99% margin I gave it, but still 51%. It is not like people are going to cash the things in for gold content. So the accuracy of my generalization means very little.
fellas, its just a card. The fact that its a kobe bryant /10 with a piece of real gold in the card makes this card a must have for any kobe collector

(02-22-2012, 03:55 PM)quavis Wrote: Thats cool...... I did some math too! Your opinion is worth nothing to me!!! Yay!!
LMAO....quavis you crack me up.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]