`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I buy the 2012 24K Gold Infused Derek Jeter card.

RE: Should I buy the 2012 24K Gold Infused Derek Jeter card.
I would go for it as well. Once they are gone you may never see it again.
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

i would at least try to aquire it before someone else scoops it up and puts it deep in their PC and it never sees the light of day again. plus im sure you have seen the price of gold of late Smile
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

(02-20-2012, 04:05 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I am debating as I would love to redeem it and have it as a part of my collection. The problem is that it would cut my funding for the 1996 to 1999 cards I am tring to buy. So I am debating about picking it up or not as I have been offered the card. Give me your thoughts as I need to make a decision about this. Also what do you feel is a good price for this card?
The first Barry Larkin gold infused card went for $200, so I would say somewhere between $350-$500 for the Jeter would be a reasonable price. I took a look at your list for your 1996 needs, just thought it was funny, it looks almost identical to my Larkin 1996 needs list. I would go ahead and buy the gold card now. I have been looking for those same cards and they don't come up very often - if ever. You will have time to recoop the money before a 1996 Studio Silver Press Proofs, or a 1996 diamond destiny gold card comes around again. Go for it. And your collection is awesome by the way!! I can't imagine the money you must have sunk into some of those cards you have!!
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

As a Jeter collector myself, I would jump a mile high to get this card bro ! I know you. Need those other ones badley, but I also think you will have time to recoupe the cost before one shows it's face again. Hey if you don't want it put me in contact with them for sure ! Maybe they like George bush and want to trade..lmao

(02-20-2012, 04:05 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I am debating as I would love to redeem it and have it as a part of my collection. The problem is that it would cut my funding for the 1996 to 1999 cards I am tring to buy. So I am debating about picking it up or not as I have been offered the card. Give me your thoughts as I need to make a decision about this. Also what do you feel is a good price for this card?

Chrisa

Just an FYI if you do buy it; the redemption codes are not being recognized by the topps online redemption system. As it stands currently they are requesting the redemption cards be mailed in. I can't speak for ALL of the 24K gold infused cards but I know this is the case with the Hamilton's and the same story with a buddy who sold a Mattingly.
[Image: hamiltonfanbanner.jpg]

Always buying Josh Hamilton Items - especially printing plates - low
numbered items - Finders fees given for Hamilton 1/1's and rare items found that are not on ebay.

(02-20-2012, 01:12 PM)katieneack Wrote: The first Barry Larkin gold infused card went for $200, so I would say somewhere between $350-$500 for the Jeter would be a reasonable price. I took a look at your list for your 1996 needs, just thought it was funny, it looks almost identical to my Larkin 1996 needs list. I would go ahead and buy the gold card now. I have been looking for those same cards and they don't come up very often - if ever. You will have time to recoop the money before a 1996 Studio Silver Press Proofs, or a 1996 diamond destiny gold card comes around again. Go for it. And your collection is awesome by the way!! I can't imagine the money you must have sunk into some of those cards you have!!
+1. Your Larkin list and the Jeter list look very similar to my Griffey list from 1996. Those are some hard cards to come across.

Go for Gold! haha

I would say if you can afford it. That would be an awesome card in any collection, especially a Jeter one like yours. When I checked the Braun that was on eBay, it was already pretty high