`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Trustworthy Ebay sellers?
03-02-2012, 03:54 PM
RE: Trustworthy Ebay sellers?
(03-01-2012 10:41 PM)walth4 Wrote:  I've heard a few rumblings about 4SC trimming cards, but I think those cases are pretty rare. I personally have no problem with NESC and their raw cards; I just think in the back of my mind that most of the time I'm not gonna get the grade I expect if I sub the cards. If I want some nice raw cards, I'd definitely go that direction.

I've heard that since 4SC is a pretty big PSA customer, they work some deals that if cards don't come back as 9's or 10's (give or take on age), PSA doesn't get paid for the low grade cards. It may be just my imagination, but there are some 9's that I've bought as upgrades from 4SC, and the 8 that I replaced it with looked MUCH better. I'm pretty sure that the graders wouldn't know who the sub was from and make decisions based on that. I would be severely disappointed if someone told me otherwise. But on the other hand, PSA probably wants to make their money instead of returning cards that don't meet 4SC's deal.

I'm in no way ripping on NESC and 4SC in these posts. I've spent large chunks of money with both and been very satisfied. It's interesting to hear of other peoples dealings with these people.

Honestly I think 4SC has a great business model. The amount of inventory and variety they offer is impressive. I gotta imagine they get a smoking deal on grading fees.

I'm with you man. You pretty much outlined everything that has ever crossed my mind regarding both and provided new insight too.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 06:02 AM
We rarely sell vintage ungraded on ebay. We come across a ton of vintage cards at our shop on a regular basis in great condition. We have a shop in an old town where there has not been a card shop in over 10 years. We traded for several original T206 this weekend and a Terry Bradshaw Mint rc. If you get cards from someone you know, you should not have any issues. Buying ungraded vintage on ebay scares me a bit. Trimming is going to be your biggest issue on ebay.

[Image: opctif.jpg]
03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
"Trustworthy eBay Sellers"? Is that not an oxymoron? Just kidding! There are plenty of them out there, but vintage is a different game. Imagine my surprise when I bought an ungraded Mordacai Brown of eBay a few years back, sent it in for grading, and was told it was fake. I will tell you, though, it is such a good fake that the people I bought it from certainly earned their money.

JonathanI

I collect Chicago athletes in their respective Halls of Fame, in addition to several authors, track athletes, and personal favorites from past and present Chicago rosters. The other 36,000 cards in my collection are for you.
03-05-2012, 04:10 PM
(03-05-2012 10:07 AM)jonathani Wrote:  "Trustworthy eBay Sellers"? Is that not an oxymoron? Just kidding! There are plenty of them out there, but vintage is a different game. Imagine my surprise when I bought an ungraded Mordacai Brown of eBay a few years back, sent it in for grading, and was told it was fake. I will tell you, though, it is such a good fake that the people I bought it from certainly earned their money.

JonathanI

That sucks! And that is what worries me, I finally came across a shop that isn't too far from me that specializes in vintage and they have an amazing inventory so I think I may be able to get my fix there from now on instead of rolling the dice on eBay.
03-06-2012, 10:50 PM
(03-05-2012 10:07 AM)jonathani Wrote:  "Trustworthy eBay Sellers"? Is that not an oxymoron? Just kidding! There are plenty of them out there, but vintage is a different game. Imagine my surprise when I bought an ungraded Mordacai Brown of eBay a few years back, sent it in for grading, and was told it was fake. I will tell you, though, it is such a good fake that the people I bought it from certainly earned their money.

JonathanI

Ouch!!! I hope you didn't pay too much for it! One more reason to be cautious with what you buy raw from eBay.

Collecting any Minnesota Twins, Jeter, Jurickson Profar, and RC's.

Interested in any high grade vintage and PSA graded cards.
08-19-2012, 10:32 AM
theres alot of great people on ebay,but there are always those sour apples in the bunch

[Image: LSU-Saintsbanner.jpg]
08-19-2012, 10:47 AM
I know most go for the "RAW" card to get a deal. But personally i want insurance when i go "vintage" and buy graded cards. But you could pay a premium and most sell close to BV.
Going with a less reputable grading company like GAI could bring some profit margin, but most go for PSA/BVG/SGC cards.
I been a steady buyer on the bay, but recently stepping in the selling side, i have not sold as much.
I always seem to ask to much and over do the packaging part. I tend to favor to take care of the customer, in hopes of more business and positive feedbacks. Thats whats its suppose to be and not focus on just making money. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Collecting MICKEY MANTLES
also collect: Vintage Baseball/Football and some UGA (Georgia Bulldogs)