`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2012 Topps Series One Duplicates

2012 Topps Series One Duplicates
I just opened a pack of 2012 Topps Series One, the box with 72 cards inside all wrapped in one package. I had 9 duplicates. Yes, one-eighth of the cards in the box had an exact match. Does this seem weird to anyone else?

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

RE: 2012 Topps Series One Duplicates
I am not surprised. I was lucky with the collating of my two hobby boxes, no dups between the two. But another trader had several triples in his one box from the same store.
I would complain to topps.

That's nothing I bought 2 hangers at Walmart and they both had the exact same cards base and inserts. I didn't even know that was possible but apparently so.

I've had mixed results in the past. I think if you get two consecutive hobby boxes, there is a low chance of getting dupes. But then I think some of the hobby boxes are exactly like others. Depending on how they're stocked, etc. your odds are pretty low of getting two that are exactly the same... but it's possible. Usually at least the relic would be different in a hobby box, but who knows.