`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a New Shop in Holland, MI

Found a New Shop in Holland, MI
So the best thing that came out of National Hockey Card day for me was not the sets that I was able to put together, but that I found out that there was a shop opened in 2009 about 15 miles away from my house. I work about 7 miles away from it.

I stopped in and the owner was a guy I recognized from local card shows. We talked for a while and I decided that I would try to give my as much of my business as I can. He is a smaller shop, with a hometown feel. Many cards for sale and the best part - he had a box of Certified that had numbers on each pack. If you wanted it you picked a number - no cherry picking his packs.

Thanks to all who make this hobby enjoyable,
Nathan

RE: Found a New Shop in Holland, MI
Awesome find, Nate! It's always great when you find a new place to snare some hobby, and I hope that he is able to satisfy your needs! You can always jump the bridge and head over to Windsor, Ontario, as I can guarantee that there will be way more hockey there! Haha! I am glad that I was able to help you out so much with your PC, and I look forward to more trades in the future!

Randi

Congrats on the great find. There are no card shops in my part of California, and I live in the Bay Area.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I'm about 3 hours from holland, and it's probably the closest card shop to me. Does he have contact info? I'd love to get in touch with him through emails.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

3 hours - where are you at? I might know of closer places.

Ace Sports Cards - they have a facebook account and I think are also in Ebay.

Good luck and happy collecting!!

(02-20-2012, 11:51 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: I'm about 3 hours from holland, and it's probably the closest card shop to me. Does he have contact info? I'd love to get in touch with him through emails.

Small town called Romeo. I'm about 40 miles north of Detroit. Sterling Heights....I'm about 20 miles north of that. Lets see. Rochester hills, I'm about 15 miles east of that. Smile
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

There is a few shops around Detroit. I know A and Z is down that way. Plus there is a shop in Grand Blanc and and one in Birch Run. Holland is a bit of a drive with me being in Flint but I might stop out this summer if I'm out that way.

I had a friend from High School move to Romeo, so I am familiar with the town at least in name.

I have a friend whose uncle sells regularly at Gibralter, if they still do shows there (it has been a while since I asked him about his uncle). I understand that there are some great deals there.

There is a big shop in Grand Rapids - Legends Sports and Games in the Woodland Mall. They run CollectandSave.com also, at least they used to - I heard a couple of days ago that they may have sold the web business.

One more shop about 1 mile away from the mall in a small strip mall - All Star Sports Cards.

In the Muskegon area there is Sports ProStop as well.

I guess I am very fortunate to have 4 nice card shops all less than 1 hour drive away.

Happy "Hunting"

Nathan

(02-20-2012, 10:14 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: Small town called Romeo. I'm about 40 miles north of Detroit. Sterling Heights....I'm about 20 miles north of that. Lets see. Rochester hills, I'm about 15 miles east of that. Smile

We are located in Allen Park--A and Z Cards Inc.
Check us out over on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-and-Z-C...5253513672

great find! congrats
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)