`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1955 Topps Set Complete *Scan Overkill*

RE: 1955 Topps Set Complete *Scan Overkill*
Absolutly beautiful set of cards, my favorite yaz card of all time in that set and many more congrats!

Thanks all! Glad you guys liked it. I must say, on their own, the cards look good but put together, they all look great with the color going on in there. Most of this was put together prior to my leaving for the Army in 2004 so I could have been done sooner but whatever, it's done.

Someone else picked up on the Snider (kind of hard to miss it!) and yes, it is easily the roughest of the bunch. It's also a perfect example of "buy the card, not the label". I might upgrade it but I'm 100% cool with it as is. I paid a price that was reflective of the actual card and not what the label says. It seems to actually be a tough card to find in decent condition without someone trying to charge you an arm and a leg for it, though I guess that's what you get with the last card of a 50s set.

Some picked up on overall condition. I would probably give an overall of EX, maybe EX-MT on the set. When I started, I was pretty picky and purchased a lot of singles off of ebay. Now, I'm nowhere near as picky. Maybe on the HOF/star players but that's about it and I'm a mid-grade kind of guy anyway. VG up to EX is what I like and it fits my budget. I have no issue with a few higher or lower though, especially on commons as they are probably the biggest pain to fill. You can find the stars all day any day but some commons are a royal pain.

Anyway, thanks all and happy collecting!

Just a ridiculous set Bill! The Ted Williams is my favorite. How has my buddy bill been?

Congratulations. I do have that set, but I definitely will try to get the pages for those cards. I do have them all in card holder. I have all of them ungraded except for the Clemente. Nice display of real baseball cards.