`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited for a brief moment, then very disappointed.

Excited for a brief moment, then very disappointed.
So I mentioned in another post that I bought a box of 02-03 BAP Memorabilia cause it was cheap ($40) and I needed a few low numbered Irbes outa that set still so why not take the chance.
Well first off my Stanley Cup toy that comes with it was pretty disapointing to me (Serge Savard Mtl). Then the brief moment of excitment hit. I need the Irbe Stanley Cup Finals jersey #/40 card. Open a pack, see Stanley Cup Playoffs, slowly slide the top card over, see a carolina logo, then wha wha whaaa Jeff O'Neil. lol son of a B!! That was a let down, being theres on 1 jersey per box. Then the total disappointment as their were only 5 total inserts in the box. I didnt buy cards in that era, so this mighta been normal for all I know, but I expected more out of a 24 pack box that besides this box ($40) ive only seen selling for $99...

Heres what I pulled:
Stanley cup Playoffs - Jeff O'Neil
Luongo RED #/200
Chara RED #/200
Joe Thornton RED #/200
Joe Thornton Franchise Players #/200

Not to impressed at all. Lotta the cards looked like crap too, rough edged, a Lemieux he shoots he scores point card had a crease through the middle, some packs had doubles in the same pack. Oh well only $40 lost.

The hits are all available, and if you need and base for set builders lemme know & Ill go through them. (No rookie cards eaither in the box)
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: Excited for a brief moment, then very disappointed.
Sheesh! Sounds like a rough box! I had the same thing happen to me with 2003-04 Topps Traded! 80+ TRUE RC's per box!!! Yeah... the tops is Kari Lehtonen... and the two jersey cards were SHEEEITE!!! I hope that your next break lands you some nice hits!

Randi

Well I got a $40 stanley cup toy outve it that I can display with Serges head aimed at the wall haha I would bee royally POd if I had shelled out $99 for this turd... BT the cards in the set are pretty ugly too, so have crappy pics that seem almost blurred.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

(02-18-2012, 11:38 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Well I got a $40 stanley cup toy outve it that I can display with Serges head aimed at the wall haha I would bee royally POd if I had shelled out $99 for this turd... BT the cards in the set are pretty ugly too, so have crappy pics that seem almost blurred.
Bahahahahaha! I would ask to trade for the Savard, but I do not like that he had a huge part in Patrick Roy's leaving the Habs! Sorry for the rough break.

Randi

I opened two of those boxes back in the day. My luck was a little better, I think? I hit a Lecavalier Emerald /10, a sapphire out of each /100 one being a Kurt Sauer Rc which I hoping that this guy would become good. And then, just as you, a very disappointing Jersey break, Spezza out of one and Nabokov out of the other. Which I thought to myself, this sucks. But it was 02-03 and Spezza's rc year and it ended up having a BV of $150. I'm sure the current BV is way less than half of that. My Stanley Cup toys were Kurri and Brodeur. I sold the Brodeur, but the Kurri makes a nice display peice, I just keep Kurri's face against the wall. lol

sOUNDS LIKE A FUN BREAK ATLEATS
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

sweet O'Neil
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)