`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help! What's with this card?

Need help! What's with this card?
I got this Juan Gonzalez (baseball, Texas Rangers) card straight out of the pack and can't seem to figure out if something's wrong with it or not.

It's a 2003 Donruss card; front is black and white, with his name, position and team in a small box on the bottom right. There are only two things printed on the back (besides the Donruss information)...the #23 in the top right of the card (where the typical card number goes) and "Checklist Legend Code 1925R" centered just above the Donross company information...the remainder of the back is blank and looks like card-stock. I've (attempted to) attached scans of the front and back of the card.

I've done several searches, and can't find any Juan Gonzalez 2003 Donruss cards that are #23 in the set; have tried Leaf as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Paul

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Need help! What's with this card?
(02-18-2012, 06:47 PM)schultzp Wrote: I got this Juan Gonzalez (baseball, Texas Rangers) card straight out of the pack and can't seem to figure out if something's wrong with it or not.

It's a 2003 Donruss card; front is black and white, with his name, position and team in a small box on the bottom right. There are only two things printed on the back (besides the Donruss information)...the #23 in the top right of the card (where the typical card number goes) and "Checklist Legend Code 1925R" centered just above the Donross company information...the remainder of the back is blank and looks like card-stock. I've (attempted to) attached scans of the front and back of the card.

I've done several searches, and can't find any Juan Gonzalez 2003 Donruss cards that are #23 in the set; have tried Leaf as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Paul
Try 2004 Leaf Exhibits, there are a few like you described.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

This is a 2004 Leaf Exhibits card. The legend code 1925R stands for Right Text Box. There a about 40 different variations of each player and they are supposed to resemble the exhibits cards from the early 1900's. If is it serial #'d (/25) then it is the first edition version. If there is no serial numbering, then it is a 2nd edition card. Despite the low print runs, they are not worth a whole lot.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

(02-18-2012, 07:21 PM)katieneack Wrote: This is a 2004 Leaf Exhibits card. The legend code 1925R stands for Right Text Box. There a about 40 different variations of each player and they are supposed to resemble the exhibits cards from the early 1900's. If is it serial #'d (/25) then it is the first edition version. If there is no serial numbering, then it is a 2nd edition card. Despite the low print runs, they are not worth a whole lot.
Thanks! It's a terrible looking card...can't believe any company would want to run something like that.