`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More 2011-12 Hoops Pictures available from QC.

RE: More 2011-12 Hoops Pictures available from QC.
(02-19-2012, 12:23 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: No rookies? What?
Due to the lockout, no rookie photo shoot, and lack of time, there were no rookies in the first three products.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(02-19-2012, 01:29 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Due to the lockout, no rookie photo shoot, and lack of time, there were no rookies in the first three products.
ergo: they actually DID make the sets beforethe end of the lockout. Now, does this mean there won't be any Rubio cards? Surely they have pictures of his?!

(02-19-2012, 01:29 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Due to the lockout, no rookie photo shoot, and lack of time, there were no rookies in the first three products.
So Panini can include redemption cards for autographs cards but not for a rookie card!?

Shaq' RC from UD was a redemption card.
In 93-94, UD included a exchange card for a series of 10 players in silver and gold variant.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-Deck-Rooki...4162b891d3

They can better rename the Hoops series to 10-11 instead of 11-12!

They will be having rookie redemptions, just not in the first few products, especially with how much people complain about redemptions already. Smile At least that's what I heard. I'd say tweet them to get a better understanding unless someone has some links.

(02-19-2012, 03:35 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: They will be having rookie redemptions, just not in the first few products, especially with how much people complain about redemptions already. Smile At least that's what I heard. I'd say tweet them to get a better understanding unless someone has some links.
I understand that they will have rookies in other sets but complaint are from autograph cards and a base card.

I doesn't make sense not include any rookies because of the lockout. Again including a redemption cards can solve the problem. Or launch series 2 (like the 90s Wink )

(02-19-2012, 03:40 PM)chimanba Wrote: I understand that they will have rookies in other sets but complaint are from autograph cards and a base card.

I doesn't make sense not include any rookies because of the lockout. Again including a redemption cards can solve the problem. Or launch series 2 (like the 90s Wink )
Oh god, no series 2 please.

I think the reason there are no RC in Hoops is because a Hoops base RC more than likely wouldn't be numbered nor autographed or have memorabilia, so it will have a very very high print run. And to include the rookies in the main set, you're talking around 30 rookies to stick with normal Hoops protocol, and a user might pull 20 of those in one box. I don't think it'd be reasonable. Maybe, instead of a Series to, something similar to a 1989-90 Fleer Update w/ rookies? Or maybe something like what Topps and Upper Deck did in 2007-08, just have a rookie set and maybe design it like Hoops.

As for Preferred, because it was supposed to be their first product of the year (it's been pushed back) I think it was a smart choice not to include them, even as redemptions. Remember, everyone always complains about redemptions, so I think they'd rather stay away from them. Which I don't blame them.

Xstream, the only problem I can see with not releasing a high print-run rookie is, if they're all out of short-print sets the value of THOSE cards will come down.

Example: The existence of a Hoops or Topps rookie card, that kids can afford to rip packs of, might drive the price of an Ultimate Collection/Black Box/Echelon type of rookie. If EVERY rookie card Rickey Rubio has is some low-numbered patch/auto then the market won't have anything to compare it to. I think the market NEEDS a cheap rookie card as well as the top tier stuff.

I say put out the update set, but release it like any other set. Make the base set short, maybe 120 cards or so, include some stars, records that might have been broken, trades, season awards and the rookies. Toss in some jersey cards, numbered parallels and maybe an auto-variant of the rookies and you're all set. $2/pack...kids can still buy it, and we can all hoard some $10 Rubio rookies and $8 Irving rookies.

Everybody wins!

-ShK-