`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE 2/29!! 2011 Contenders break - Panini hits a weird new low...

UPDATE 2/29!! 2011 Contenders break - Panini hits a weird new low...
I rarely buy boxes, but decided to treat myself to an early B-day present today....

The goods:
meh...
[Image: 11cn1.jpg]

These are really nice in person:
[Image: 11cn2.jpg]

As are these:
[Image: 11cn4.jpg]

And these:
[Image: 11cn3.jpg]

So now the hits. I really like the overall design this year--good color, and the auto cards look sharp.

Also, on the plus side, Panini is doing the unadvertised 5 autos per box again like last year.

On the minus side...
[Image: 11cnadams.jpg]
Who?!?

[Image: 11cnpianalto.jpg]
What?!?

Really, Panini? Not one but two Rookie FA TE's in the same box? That's cold... Maybe one will turn out to be an SP.

[Image: 11cnmatthews.jpg]
Better.

[Image: 11cningram.jpg]
On-card. Blammo!

Now, clearly, that's only 4 hits. And only 1 on-card, when they say 2 per box. Ah....the dreaded redemption. Well, I bet my redemption card beats anyone else's (hopefully, there are too many out there like this):

front
[Image: 11cnrf.jpg]

back
[Image: 11cnrb.jpg]

Yup, that's an actual scan of the back of the redemption. No sticker, no code--nothing. Now I have to send it in to Panini and they'll send me a new one (not even an actual aut--just another redemption card. Grr....)

C'mon. How bout a little QC around here. What's going on down there anyway?!!?

Pretty stoked about the Ingram though! Smile

Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

RE: 2011 Contenders break - Panini hits a weird new low...
i am so sick and tired of these card companies raising their prices and just lack the quality and service...it is really getting out of hand

Thanks for sharing, I was going to pick up a box or 2 today but now am having second thoughts.

I just about bought a case of these, but I am going to pass now after seeing this. Lovely redmeption. I am still dealing with Panini waiting on an autograph that was supposidly shipped out to me back in August but has yet to arrive.

Not to mention one pack of cards I pulled recently had no cards in it at all, just a dummy card...seriously wtf.
Eddie George Super Collector

Seriously? So now Pan-no-no cant even make redemption cards correctly?
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
The Ingram really saved that box though - i'd be very happy with that break, even with the no-demption card.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(02-17-2012, 02:15 PM)bselje Wrote: Seriously? So now Pan-no-no cant even make redemption cards correctly?
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
The Ingram really saved that box though - i'd be very happy with that break, even with the no-demption card.
Yeah, I'm pretty pleased. The Ingram is sick and all the inserts are really fantastic as well. Wish I would have gotten a few more #d ones (the only #d one is the Curtis Martin #/100), but whatever. Can't wait to get a redemption card in the mail. Probably'll be for Todman or Bilal Powell.
The Wisconsin Collection

Some of the autos ive seen so far on the bay are like who? lol thats the thing we forget about contenders is yea there are some big names then a whole lot of people that dont pan out.Nice Ingram and the Pianalto would look good in my UNC PC lol

HAHAHA!!! THAT BLOWS MAN

(02-17-2012, 03:18 PM)dfcj1499 Wrote: HAHAHA!!! THAT BLOWS MAN
Tell me about it. At least I eliminated a lot of the usual suspects (Todman, Taiwan Jones, Bilal Powell, etc) from the list of possible redemptions they can send me...Small victories.
The Wisconsin Collection

Wow! Those guys should keep to making sandwiches!!!

That's pretty darn sad, and sadly, the new hockey release hasn't been much better. Crown Royale hockey has been full of damaged cards and complaints of pulling multiples of the same case hits out of the same case. I bought 2 boxes yesterday off a stack at the lcs, and pulled 2 of the same nobody auto and a patch card with the foil all messed up on it...

Hopefully they'll give you a good redemption for it. I know the feeling, I bought a box of UD Artifacts hockey that didn't have the rookie redempton inside (they're supposed to be 1/box), and UD just sent me a redemption card in the mail instead of just sending me an actual card.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)