Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Season Football Talk
Smile 
Off Season Football Talk
This probably belongs on the Sports Talk section, but nobody seems to be active on that forum, so I'll take my chances.

I'm going through terrible football withdrawl. It's only been, what, 2 weeks? And the fact that sports talk radio hosts still talk about football every day (spring ball, draft, Peyton) isn't helping. So I thought it would be fun to open up light hearted discussion on NFL and College Football.

So a couple of topics to get things rolling:

1) College or NFL...or both?

2) Do you enjoy watching more than 1 team, perhaps a certain conference (for instance, I live in Iowa so root for the Hawkeyes, but it's hard since they will NEVER have a chance to win a national title)?

3) What are you looking forward to in 2012?

Hope your day is going well!
Ryan
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: Off Season Football Talk
I too will suffer through the offseason.....right now I'm looking towards the draft.

1) I personally just watch NFL games and don't follow college at all.
2) I live in Houston and try to watch the Texans, but the Browns are my team. I also play fantasy football so normally I watch one game and have the NFL Red Zone on and flip back and forth.
3) The draft and hoping the Browns manage a strong right tackle and a solid skilled player of offense...there is so much needed on my poor team.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

1) Both.

2) We have a local Fantasy league and every Sunday we all go into the man cave, drink beer, eat food, and have a good time. Most of us used to be Buffalo Bills fans but these days Bills fans are hard to find even in Buffalo (I spent more time cheering for Tebow this season than the Bills). Buffalo has been bad for a dozen years, no one goes to the games anymore, so they get blacked out and even more fans jump off the bandwagon. The NFL's blackout policy has completely ruined any fan base the Bills had and this entire region has gone from a football community to a hockey community .

3) I hope there comes another team that takes my interest away from the Bills. I'm tired of being a Bills fan, small market teams just can't be successful in the NFL. Quality free agents will take less money to sign somewhere else, players we draft don't give it their all until they move to another team (Whitner/Maybin), no good coaches will come here, and we, as fans, don't get to watch half our games.

(02-16-2012, 04:52 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: 3) I hope there comes another team that takes my interest away from the Bills. I'm tired of being a Bills fan, small market teams just can't be successful in the NFL. Quality free agents will take less money to sign somewhere else, players we draft don't give it their all until they move to another team (Whitner/Maybin), no good coaches will come here, and we, as fans, don't get to watch half our games.
The township of Green Bay seem to do OK. :-)
[Image: mP9e9L.png]