`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pick the better case: 2011 Five Star or National Treasures

Pick the better case: 2011 Five Star or National Treasures
Thanks to my kids and the Child Tax Credit, I have some refund money which I plan to spend on football cards. I plan to go high-end and get a case of either Five Star or National Treasures. But that's also the problem...I can't decide.

Which product do you prefer?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Pick the better case: 2011 Five Star or National Treasures
National treasures would get my vote.
SuperCollecting: Jamie Harper of the TN Titans & Lee Smith Buffalo Bills Patriots 5th rd TE from Marshall. Also TN Titans, Recent Former TN Vols, Ladanian Tomlinson for my 8 yr old son and various others. Sets for 2011 R&S, 2011 Threads, 2011 Inception Base & Blue, 2011 Platinum & Gold, 2011 Finest

Ha, I was trying to decide the same thing. Here's where I stalled:
I want the National Treasures because I like the set better. On the other hand, Five Star comes out first.

Unfortunately for my wallet, this means I will most likely cave and do both. :-(

Stop being cheap and get both Smile I like the National Treasure myself.

(02-16-2012, 01:20 PM)bott2711 Wrote: Stop being cheap and get both Smile I like the National Treasure myself.
Haha! Yeah, I'd love to do both, but that means the kids don't go to day care for a month.

I like collecting the older guys - you think NT will have more of these types of hits?

I realize I am fairly new on the board, so my opinion carries little (any?) weight, but I am a fairly long time collector. For my money (literally) I much prefer the five star. Although I do like the "money card" in National Treasures (rookie auto patch with on card signature) I find the rest of the cards to be disappointing. The patch cards are not very good, and for the amount of money paid, I like something that looks a little better than sticker autos.

If I only had to choose one, I would would with the five, on-auto cards in Five Star.

Good luck with whichever you pick

I'd go with NT and btw NT has on-card auto's too and more HOF as five star is rookie-heavy. Many veterans w/NT also. Just look at this featured card...
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=2011+nati...LkCEK0DMDg
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(02-16-2012, 05:02 PM)the smiths 22 Wrote: I realize I am fairly new on the board, so my opinion carries little (any?) weight, but I am a fairly long time collector. For my money (literally) I much prefer the five star. Although I do like the "money card" in National Treasures (rookie auto patch with on card signature) I find the rest of the cards to be disappointing. The patch cards are not very good, and for the amount of money paid, I like something that looks a little better than sticker autos.

If I only had to choose one, I would would with the five, on-auto cards in Five Star.

Good luck with whichever you pick
Thanks for the post. And I do value everyone's opinion, regardless of the number of posts. You make excellent points, all of which cause me to struggle to make a friggin' decision. I really like that Five Star has the on-card autos but I also really like the RPA cards in NT. But those redemption cards for auto'd rookie jerseys in Five Star tempt me, as do the old school booklet cards in NT. Argh! I might just have to count up the posts here and make my decision that way.

National Treasures was a little disappointing last year while five star looked great. I think Id lean towards five star. Good Luck!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I am a big NT fan but Id have to say Five Star actually. It just seems like it has more bang for your buck. Plus your right, the chance for an entire jersey is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/