`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mint or NmMint+ ?

Mint or NmMint+ ?
I have been trying to list all of my cards as NmMint+, not because they aren't "mint", but so that they do not list above the beckett high value. Is this not a common practice, or should I just list them as Mint? There just seems to be some trades where people try and trade a card they have listed as Mint for several cards I have listed as NmMint+ and that doesn't seem to be fair.
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

RE: Mint or NmMint+ ?
For the most part the majority of the traders have switched their card condition to NmMint as that has become the standard or defualt setting when entering new cards. Some people for what ever their reasoning refuse to change. When I am working a trade, if I see the other trader has all of his cards marked Mint, then I will go in and change the cards that he is interested in to Mint and even out the trade from there.

Card shouldnt be marked mint unless it is graded mint, all NMt other then that.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(02-16-2012, 11:41 AM)dkotart Wrote: When I am working a trade, if I see the other trader has all of his cards marked Mint, then I will go in and change the cards that he is interested in to Mint and even out the trade from there.
I did this while working on a recent trade and the other trader got po'd and scolded me and told me I couldn't change the condition of my cards after starting a trade. I told him I most certainly could and cancelled the trade.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

That is what I fear also. Changing it, and then the other trader thinking I am being sketchy.
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

I have had people get pissy and cancel trades because I asked them to change there card value to NrMt from mint. Whatever. Most all of the literate traders use NrMt as their conditional value.

(02-16-2012, 12:54 PM)zeprock Wrote: I did this while working on a recent trade and the other trader got po'd and scolded me and told me I couldn't change the condition of my cards after starting a trade. I told him I most certainly could and cancelled the trade.
I would have just explained that as long as his cards are being traded at Mint prices so are mine.

I think it would save a lot of headaches if the trade page would just show HI BV instead of condition value. I think this is how it was in the past. If there is a question about condition ask for a picture. It was so much easier trading in the past when we did not have to haggle over value, I understand haggling if I am buying/selling but not trading.