`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you want in a LCS??

RE: What do you want in a LCS??
Something my lcs does that I think is cool and brings people back is a raffle. When you buy stuff they give you some raffle tickets. They dont sit there and count them out but you can. Basically 2-3 for $5-$10 and maybe 15 for $50 or so. Then every Sunday they post on a board winners- 1 $20 winner, 1 $10 winner, 2 $5 winners and 4 $3 winners. Its cool and brings people in to check their tickets. Its not a lot of money and has to be spent in the store.

Also pack wars once a month! Do you know what that is? Great way to make $$
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(02-17-2012, 01:25 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: Something my lcs does that I think is cool and brings people back is a raffle. When you buy stuff they give you some raffle tickets. They dont sit there and count them out but you can. Basically 2-3 for $5-$10 and maybe 15 for $50 or so. Then every Sunday they post on a board winners- 1 $20 winner, 1 $10 winner, 2 $5 winners and 4 $3 winners. Its cool and brings people in to check their tickets. Its not a lot of money and has to be spent in the store.

Also pack wars once a month! Do you know what that is? Great way to make $$
Yes I know what it is but dont knwo the basic rules
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

want more ideas!

I would say make sure you organize the cards under the glass by team, and make sure to have planty of your local team. One thing I hate is when cards under the glass are stacked so you can only see the top card. I also like to see a variety of boxes/ packs available ranging from high end to low end with both new and old products. I would recomend that you make the prices on pack large so you can read them from in front of the counter (every store I have been to has their boxes behind the counter to prevent pack searchers). There is nothing worse than telling the cashier what packs you want then discovering on the receipt that the packs were way over priced. A fun thing to do for kids is have a nerf basketball hoop and let the shoot to win a prize- usually a card from the commons box, but if they make like 3/3 maybe they win a low end relic or something. My final recomendation is having binders of base/ inserts by team organized by player with a large visable lable on the side so customers know what is in it with some kind of flat rate like 15 cents per card or something.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

Very nice thread! I've returned to the hobby after about 20 years, so I can remember when card shops were on every block, it seemed. So my options now are very limited, with 3 different ones all within 30-40 minute drives. I started going to the big mall store, but got turned off mostly because they aren't an HTA retailer. Instead, they took the promo items, packaged them, and were selling them instead of handing them out like the manufacturer intended. The next store I went to was much smaller, owned by one guy for many years, but his "buy 20 bucks worth of product 10 times to earn the special discount" offer seemed lame. But now I found another shop, again owned by one guy, and it's pretty cool. Definitely not well organized, but the guy is very friendly and truly enjoys what he does, and enjoys having you there. I've spent a couple hundred bucks, then maybe less than 5, and it doesn't matter. He also has monthly drawings, and I've won some pretty nice cards that way. He gives my sons freebies when I bring them in. He pulls commons for me to help complete sets. If I had something to wish for, it would be for ways to connect with more collectors in my area, so I've been talking with the owner about ways of doing it, and he's receptive. So anyway, I'd have to say genuine friendliness and respect for your customer makes all the difference in the world.
[Image: ueT15.png]

A big THANKS to jbel4331 for the awesome banner!

(02-18-2012, 05:15 PM)michaelpoyma Wrote: Very nice thread! I've returned to the hobby after about 20 years, so I can remember when card shops were on every block, it seemed. So my options now are very limited, with 3 different ones all within 30-40 minute drives. I started going to the big mall store, but got turned off mostly because they aren't an HTA retailer. Instead, they took the promo items, packaged them, and were selling them instead of handing them out like the manufacturer intended. The next store I went to was much smaller, owned by one guy for many years, but his "buy 20 bucks worth of product 10 times to earn the special discount" offer seemed lame. But now I found another shop, again owned by one guy, and it's pretty cool. Definitely not well organized, but the guy is very friendly and truly enjoys what he does, and enjoys having you there. I've spent a couple hundred bucks, then maybe less than 5, and it doesn't matter. He also has monthly drawings, and I've won some pretty nice cards that way. He gives my sons freebies when I bring them in. He pulls commons for me to help complete sets. If I had something to wish for, it would be for ways to connect with more collectors in my area, so I've been talking with the owner about ways of doing it, and he's receptive. So anyway, I'd have to say genuine friendliness and respect for your customer makes all the difference in the world.

And id say we have that. My dad connects with the older guys better being that hes 60 and I bring youth to the shop and its a good mix. We honestly dont care how much you spend as long as your happy and wanting to come back

I do not have much room, since I am at an Indoor Flea Market and have been in the same spot for 10 years . I only have about 20,000 common cards on the counters. They are wll organized and all the years are in the same system.. All players are listed in order by Last Name and each has a Protective sleeve on them.If you are looking for Baseball (Last name beginning with the letter ( R ) Ripken,Ryan, ) your will find them in that group-Same for all the other sports.I also still offer Protective sleeves for $ 1.00 per pack and Top Load's for $ 2.00 per pack. Plastic - 9 pkt pages --6 for $ 1.00. All tax included. I have packs available but not many customers since Wally World has Blaster Boxes. I've been doing this since 1989. Charlotte,North Carolina