`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just a tiny rant..

just a tiny rant..
I was going through some "extra" rookie cards through all brands from 2011 and came across 2 daniel thomas topps cards. One turned out to be the variant and the other turned out to be the basic base. I did this last year when i came across the dez bryant variant in topps chrome and almost sold the card for only a couple bucks(which i ended up giving to JNCDrew for christmas anyway lol). Guess my rant is.. TOPPS? why cant you put"193b" on the back or something? because to ME the variants look like a basic card anyway until you ACTUALLY catch this lol.

thats all! haha thanks.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

RE: just a tiny rant..
I have to agree!!! Not unless you know what the other looks like...how do you know??? Especially in the beginning when the product releases. You might sell or trade something that is not what you thought it was. I wished Topps would fix this as well. Would make it a ton easier.

see this happened to me with 2008 topps...I had 3 of the matt ryan ones and didnt realize they were selling over 100$$$$! Gladly I figured it out when building sets because I had like 10 of the normal one to catch it
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I rant into that problem last night. I bought two boxes of 2011 magic and was putting them in my organize. Two of them had variations and I had no idea which one I had. Annoying.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I know with the 2010 Topps SPs, they had a little line on the back of the card that said something like "Card 2 of 5 rookie cards for ___________ from 2010 Topps Football" Or something like that. Otherwise, just Google the set of SPs and you should be able to find some blog post with pictures of the base and SP versions for all those sets.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

lol how has the Doc not came in and called that Daniel Thomas yet Tongue . Yea it would be helpful if they put the b on the back because we've had to link a lot of people to the site that shows the variations but would be so much more helpful if they put on the back it was a variation.lol good rant

I noticed that with 2011 Score as well when going through some hobby and retail cards that i had mixed togetehr and noticed Randall Cobb had two different photos. Would be nice if they had an A&B like you said, especially for set/team/player collectors

(02-16-2012, 01:22 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: lol how has the Doc not came in and called that Daniel Thomas yet Tongue . Yea it would be helpful if they put the b on the back because we've had to link a lot of people to the site that shows the variations but would be so much more helpful if they put on the back it was a variation.lol good rant

He is out working but I will claim it for him if needed. Smile

On another note, thanks again for that Dez bud!! I did the same thing last year, I traded the Bradford Chrome Sp last year without knowing it to someone here and they didnt bother to say anything btw. But it was a $80bv lesson.. Here is the link for the SP's, they release the versions every year. I have it saved it my favorites and there are even SP veterans as well.. hope this helps...Smile

http://www.dailywax.com/2011/07/2011-top...tion-list/

[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]