`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinged corners on back (or front) of PC cards

RE: Dinged corners on back (or front) of PC cards
If its something I can live with no biggie. Something I cant live with I'll return. The backs dont matter to me, I only worry about the front. The cheaper the card the more annoyed I am for some reason. I'll still usually look for another to replace it. I just got a Sheffield auto today, that's my replacement for my other Sheffie auto. The 1st one had a press mark/crease on 1 of the GU window corners.

I recently purchased a Bobby Cox auto and it came in with a decent ding on one of the corners. The seller offered me a refund if I sent it back but it's for the PC so I'm not gonna worry about it. If I get to hard times the PC will be the last to go so that along with a good many others will probably stay with me as long as I'm around.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Man my best Chipper auto books $350 and has a slightly creased corner. The trader I got it from 3 years ago banged it good in shipping. I PC'd it and he let me keep it for $75 trade instead of $350 so I was fine with that. PC cards don't matter as much to me cause they are for me not to trade.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

That's what I do also-sooner or later I replace the card and keep them both.

(02-16-2012, 03:50 AM)markmulder20 Wrote: What if it came via trade. I'm just curious, that's all.

Personally, I like all of my PC cards, including base, to be ding-free. If I acquire a lower-end PC card (base, insert, parallel, numbered, low-end auto or GU) via trade or sale that has a ding on either the front or back of the card, I usually just put it aside and look for one in a better condition. If it's a higher-end or rarer card I just put it in my PC but make a note of its condition on my checklist. Then I'll just keep an eye out for the same card but in better condition and will buy it as a replacement if the price isn't too high (note: my PC only includes Mark Mulder cards so prices are reasonable for the most part)

Just wanted to see if others do this as well or if I'm the only 'anal' one here.

Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

I also dont really mind, I dont plan on ever getting rid of my PC then again, I also dont have anything ridiculous in there, So kind of makes it easy to look the other way with a lightly damaged card. I only have like 3 or 4 cards that are numbered to 15 or less.
Looking for Erick Fedde cards, currently working on the 14 bowman sterling.

I absolutely hate gettting cards in the mail that are not as described. If it has a ding or a chip I will contact the trader/seller and let them know and ask what they can do to fix the situation. If its really bad I send it back or put it up ft but with the appropriate condition listed. If im trading a card I ask myself would I want to get this card in a trade. If the answer is no I make sure to tell the person who is trading for it the things that are wrong with it and provide a scan when requested. Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do but for some reason I keep getting "nm/mt" cards that are more like "ex/mt". I Would like to get the cards that I trade for "as described". It has gotten to the point where I'm exstatic when I get cards that are actually in their described/listed condition!!

If it is replaceable, then replace it..
If it is non-replaceable, then dont grade it..
Vintage I will over look. I just back off the OCD and enjoy the card.
Even with rounded corners, I am happy with this. Just not going to grade it.
[Image: TEDDY.jpg]