`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with a card ID!
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 11:26 PM by spazmatastic.)
Need help with a card ID!
I need to know what this card below is. As far as I can figure, it is not listed by Beckett. It is a hologram made in 1992 by ProSet. It is hand numbered on the back 1561/5000. 'The NHRA Winston Drag Racing Championships' is at the top of the back and the text mentions:
Joe Amato-Top Fuel
John Force-Funny Car
Darrell Alderman-Pro Stock
I can scan the back if needed for identification.

BTW, the Ernie Irvin hologram in the pic has already been traded.

[Image: Hologramfreebies.jpg]

If you have any info that can help me, PLMK. Also, it IS for trade! I would really appreciate ANY info about this card!
ALSO, the card is in way better condition than the scan shows. All the dots/scratches are from my scanner. I really should clean that thing. Smile

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2012, 07:22 AM
RE: Need help with a card ID!
Nice, everywhere I look, everyone is selling it for about $75.

http://www.danscardz.com/servlet/the-129...rag/Detail

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-ProSet-Wins..._500wt_969

[Image: jeff.jpg]

My Collections Website
02-16-2012, 08:57 AM
They are both the same card. And it looks like its yet another card Beckett missed...

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]
02-16-2012, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 11:15 AM by bott2711.)
Yeah Danzcards has one. He is my LCS. I have like 15 of the one on the left. And 1 of the one on right in my org also.

1992 Pro Set NHRA #NNO Trophy HOLO White. Is this it? there is a white and a black version.

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab122/bott2711/
02-17-2012, 12:07 AM
(02-16-2012 10:35 AM)bott2711 Wrote:  Yeah Danzcards has one. He is my LCS. I have like 15 of the one on the left. And 1 of the one on right in my org also.

1992 Pro Set NHRA #NNO Trophy HOLO White. Is this it? there is a white and a black version.

The ones you list do not match what I posted. That is why I posted it here. The two in the Beckett DB mean the border is 'White' or 'Black'. This one is Blue.
I have to say that Will is right, again. But I already knew that it wasn't listed here. Wink
I was hoping for any info on the odds of pulling it and from what set it could have been pulled. Anyone who can give some info in this manner, it would be greatly appreciated. I have had this card for many months now, but have no idea what exactly it is.
BTW, the Ernie books for a third less than what Danzcards wants for this one, but it was numbered to 3,000 instead of 5,000.
Any help with a positive ID of this card would definitely help me know what I have.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Bumping this to see if anyone has found any more info about this card.

05-02-2012, 07:02 AM
I spoke to all 3 of my LCS and they are clueless as to why it isn't in Beckett. 1 of them has one for sale and is going by Fleabay prices because he couldn't find pricing either. I didn't realize that they were listed wrong in my org. Hope you find something about them. I got a crap load of them that I am wanting to get rid of.

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab122/bott2711/
05-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your info. Maybe one day soon, Beckett will add this one to the DB. Wink