`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
69-70 topps gordie howe w/opc stamp ????????

69-70 topps gordie howe w/opc stamp ????????
hey guys, i picked this card up at show in nyc. the dealer added it to the deal to help me make up my mind. is the card ruined because it has the stamp attached? or do people collect them this way. any info would be helpful. thanks.
[Image: Scan-16-1.jpg]
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

RE: 69-70 topps gordie howe w/opc stamp ????????
If it is going to be graded, then the grade would come down because the original card has been "altered" in the graders opinion.

A lot of collectors of vintage I know (myself included), do not mind if these stamps are attached ..however, don't expect to get more for the card because the stamp is attached.

The Howe stamp is worth 40.00 alone
The card is worth 80.00

You got a great deal if the dealer threw it in. Outstanding!

the dealer was a football card guy and all he wanted was the cards i was offering in trade + the $25 in cash and for me to leave him alone. i was at his table for at least 45 minutes and he said he took the howe in as trade the day before and the trader said it was worth more because it had the stamp. he said he thought the card was ruined because of the stamp but took it with a bunch of other stuff and i could have it if i closed the deal NOW. i think i annoyed him a little (i had a lot of questions about the card i was trying to get).
anyway, i'm glad to hear that people still want these cards with the stamps adhered. so i would trade this at the card bv and that alone. that sounds fair to me.
if anyone here is interested in it lmk. i'll look through orgs. i mostly collect the other sports but there are some hockey rc's i would like to get.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

(02-16-2012, 12:06 PM)lecreccio Wrote: the dealer was a football card guy and all he wanted was the cards i was offering in trade + the $25 in cash and for me to leave him alone. i was at his table for at least 45 minutes and he said he took the howe in as trade the day before and the trader said it was worth more because it had the stamp. he said he thought the card was ruined because of the stamp but took it with a bunch of other stuff and i could have it if i closed the deal NOW. i think i annoyed him a little (i had a lot of questions about the card i was trying to get).
anyway, i'm glad to hear that people still want these cards with the stamps adhered. so i would trade this at the card bv and that alone. that sounds fair to me.
if anyone here is interested in it lmk. i'll look through orgs. i mostly collect the other sports but there are some hockey rc's i would like to get.
I have some fb/bb in my org if you are trading the Howe. I do not have any hockey in my org ..but I have lots of hockey listed on my website.

thanks Rob